Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 30 Jan 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Orlando Attraction Tickets Price Adjustment

Do OAT do a price adjustment if there is a lower price? I was reading a post there but there's a bit of a mix up between two different companies and I'm now not sure what I'm reading.

I booked my Disney/universal switch ticket last week at £580 each (I had a code for £6 off as it was originally £56), and then of course they had a sale on at the weekend for 5% off. I only found out about this at around 1:30 on Saturday afternoon, and then they where closed from then until yesterday. I was away for a long weekend until last night so wasn't able to ring about this, so had to query via email.

I had read on facebook of a few other people ringing and getting the price changed, or cancelling and rebooking the tickets so they could save the money.

I have since heard back that they don't do that, then once I said that other people had done that, they said the tickets from the weekend at that price are now sold, and so they can't change it. Is that correct? I'm not one for usually going back to check on the price once I've got mine, but I don't want to leave it if people think I'd have a chance of getting a few pound back!

I also know that it's maybe a bit cheeky for me to be asking in the first place, but I don't think it's fair that one person can get the lower price after booking, and another can't. I just don't want to waste my time if people think this is a lost cause!

*Edit - bit of a spanner in the works. I've read through a few more posts on here and found that if I use Orlando attractions and change the currency to dollars, I can get the 'The Real Steal Combo - Disney Ultimate/Universal 3 Park Explorer 2018' for £552 at the current exchange rate if I pay with my clarity. I had an online chat with OAT and they still say no to giving me the lower price, and when I asked about cancelling and going to OA they said I would only lose the £10 deposit per person. Does this make more sense for me to cancel and rebook on the other site!?

Edited at 04:54 PM.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Traincrashing View Post
*Edit - bit of a spanner in the works. I've read through a few more posts on here and found that if I use Orlando attractions and change the currency to dollars, I can get the 'The Real Steal Combo - Disney Ultimate/Universal 3 Park Explorer 2018' for £552 at the current exchange rate if I pay with my clarity. I had an online chat with OAT and they still say no to giving me the lower price, and when I asked about cancelling and going to OA they said I would only lose the £10 deposit per person. Does this make more sense for me to cancel and rebook on the other site!?
Yes if it's cheaper. I think you will have to phone orlandoattractions.com if you want to pay a deposit.
Old 30 Jan 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it looks cheaper to me, just one of those things I feel like I’m missing something! Was trying to pay it off to make it easier but could probably pay in one go if needs be since I’ll use the clarity for the rate!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareO
slightly serious Dibber

ClareO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi there, I started the previous thread and it was OAT. They have refused to back down on the DC tickets I purchased and when I suggested I cancel I found I would be subject to a 25% charge as it is in their Ts and Cs. Seemed a bit harsh given its 500+ days out but you win some and lose some
ClareO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Traincrashing View Post
Do OAT do a price adjustment if there is a lower price? I was reading a post there but there's a bit of a mix up between two different companies and I'm now not sure what I'm reading.

I booked my Disney/universal switch ticket last week at £580 each (I had a code for £6 off as it was originally £56), and then of course they had a sale on at the weekend for 5% off. I only found out about this at around 1:30 on Saturday afternoon, and then they where closed from then until yesterday. I was away for a long weekend until last night so wasn't able to ring about this, so had to query via email.

I had read on facebook of a few other people ringing and getting the price changed, or cancelling and rebooking the tickets so they could save the money.

I have since heard back that they don't do that, then once I said that other people had done that, they said the tickets from the weekend at that price are now sold, and so they can't change it. Is that correct? I'm not one for usually going back to check on the price once I've got mine, but I don't want to leave it if people think I'd have a chance of getting a few pound back!

I also know that it's maybe a bit cheeky for me to be asking in the first place, but I don't think it's fair that one person can get the lower price after booking, and another can't. I just don't want to waste my time if people think this is a lost cause!

Of course it does.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List