Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Feb 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Alamo online check in query

Hi, I am just about to do online check in so I can skip the counter, and even though I have paid in full it is now saying on the online check in page that I'm due $80 odd dollars at the counter.
anyone else experienced this? I have done online check in a few times before and never had any issues like this.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Supposed to be $0 unless you add on any extras such as child seats. There was a bug a while back where if you booked through Alamo Brits, it said an amount but that was usually the full amount of the rental.

It should say what the extra is for. Can you take a screen shot (minus the alamo ref number and name)?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

yeh it is the alamo brits and we have also asked for a car seat but that also is paid for already.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Can't get this sorted at all 🙄.
Spoke to one guy at alamo by email who couldn't figure it out and thinks it's now a problem with me buying in £ and them operating in $,which makes no sense.
Spoke to a girl on their Facebook page and she was even worse-firstly sayin the extra charge was from the 3rd party I booked with,I told her I booked through alamo with Brits discount and she now sayin she was wrong but it's for an infant seat. Told her that's paid for and showed her my email confirming this and she says the infant seat isn't paid for even though it's right there on the confirmation! Seriously losing the will to live with alamo.
Old 8 Feb 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Stu. Did your amount due rise when you added the car seat? Very much like adding sat nav etc.
Or did the total stay the same?
I'm wondering if the seat is like pre paying for fuel that doesn't change your amount due but is chargeable on return of the car albeit I may be wrong.

Personally I wouldn't sweat it. If you have paid it's clearly documented and it can be resolved at the garage. The final check will be as you exit the barrier and if you have paid and the invoice they give you is showing monies due you dont move the car until they resolve it.
Best of luck.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

It has been added to the final cost that I paid.
Very true but rather get it sorted before I travel if possible.
Cheers.
Old 8 Feb 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Stu.
It's not just Alamo but all of them.
Their E Mail customer service responses are about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
The normal response hinges around you can't do OLCI as you used a 3rd party supplier - Wrong!
You need to visit the desk - Wrong!

My advice is trust the garage Guys, they will sort it for you. Invariably nowadays there is a Manager in the garage hut.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Haha yeh bloody useless!
Ok thanks for the advice,much appreciated. Have thought about just cancelling with alamo and going somewhere else.
Old 8 Feb 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Have you added the car seat again during OLCI?
If so, it may now be showing that as an extra.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Well on the olci page where all the extras are,it shows one infant seat and you can remove it but I presume that's the one iv booked and paid for rather than a 2nd one? No clue though lol