Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Feb 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

You are exactly a week after me,I'm the 20th. I will have to remember to come on here and say what happens lol. Sure it will b ok tho-principle alone means I won't be paying it again.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Like you like you I called Orlando and they confirmed all prepaid. Prior to that both Alamo FB chat and email customer services kept quoting figures not on invoice and stating it still needed to be paid for, despite screenshots of invoice. Even did two dummy bookings one with one without and it tries to charge different figures.

As Mr Tom Morrow said Alamo online customer service is useless.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Like you like you I called Orlando and they confirmed all prepaid. Prior to that both Alamo FB chat and email customer services kept quoting figures not on invoice and stating it still needed to be paid for, despite screenshots of invoice. Even did two dummy bookings one with one without and it tries to charge different figures.

As Mr Tom Morrow said Alamo online customer service is useless.
Your experience is pretty much mirroring mine on all of that.

Online customer service is truely awful.
stu1873 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaffer
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by stu1873 View Post
I just checked and I'm before you,63 days and counting,so I will need to let you know how I get on lol. I had a voicemail message from lady at Orlando alamo who has confirmed everything is paid for including infant seat,so hopefully it should be fine.
Thanks mate that would be good.
Gaffer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Thanks mate that would be good.
No worries pal.
Old 21 Mar 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
yeh it is the alamo brits and we have also asked for a car seat but that also is paid for already.
Can't get this sorted at all 🙄.
Spoke to one guy at alamo by email who couldn't figure it out and thinks it's now a problem with me buying in £ and them operating in $,which makes no sense.
Spoke to a girl on their Facebook page and she was even worse-firstly sayin the extra charge was from the 3rd party I booked with,I told her I booked through alamo with Brits discount and she now sayin she was wrong but it's for an infant seat. Told her that's paid for and showed her my email confirming this and she says the infant seat isn't paid for even though it's right there on the confirmation! Seriously losing the will to live with alamo.
We booked a car seat for my Grandson in 2014. I thought we had paid for it, but when I checked it wasnt included in the total I paid.
Also when we collected the car we were just told to pick a car seat from those that were in the garage, it wasnt in the car as you select the car you want. We didnt actually pay for the car seat until we returned the car to the garage on going home.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Had this again today. Price dropped so modified booking. With car seat £603 without £545. I booked with and surprise surprise OLCI showed I now owed $80 for car seat which I had just prepaid.

So issue has not been resolved, since previously discussed. I then modified again without car seat so at least I am not double charged. To rub salt in the wounds when I complained to Alamo they have now confirmed original booking did include prepaid car seat so not modifying the booking at all would have been cheapest option.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1873
Getting Excited

Mobile

Got in last night, went to the garage and nothing was mentioned about paying again for car seat. Checked the receipt I got and nothing to pay beside the fuel. So it seems just an error that they acknowledge. Hope this helps anyone for peace of mind lol
Old 22 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Got in last night, went to the garage and nothing was mentioned about paying again for car seat. Checked the receipt I got and nothing to pay beside the fuel. So it seems just an error that they acknowledge. Hope this helps anyone for peace of mind lol
Stu. Great update thank you. These things do pray on your mind and nice to see it looks like it's fine.
Just watch your credit card receipt when you take the car back and check it's only showing fuel.
Have a good trip.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have spoken a lot to Alamo about this recently. The latest they said to me was that whilst we have paid the OLCI doesn't register payment for options until car is returned. I have made a few changes to my booking and they have given me a credit towards car seat to be applied at drop off.