Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Feb 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

David's is a fantastic company. I've never heard a bad thing about them.
Once it's booked, it's booked. They don't (to my knowledge and I'm a DVC owner) move DVC owners staying on points to different resorts. This would only happen if for example there was a major issue with the resort and they couldn't accommodate the owner.
Staying with David's you are staying on points, just like every other owner.
In terms of when to book you are better contacting them ASAP.
More than 7 months out (from 11 months out) only the owner of that resort can book. So for example if you want Beach Club and try booking at 11 months, then they need a Beach Club owner. This becomes a limiting factor as demand for points exceeds supply. So you need to be on a waitlist.
At 7 months anyone can book any resort so the points pool David's has access to amongst his DVC clients renting points widens. The problem is at 7 months many of the more popular resorts, particularly in October to first week Jan and major US holidays (peak DVC times) are gone.
Outside peak DVC times at 7 months you stand a chance of getting a studio in many places at 7 months and almost certainly at SSR, OKW, AK and probably Poly.
You can get a 1 bed anywhere at none peak DVC times at 7 months.
So advice is get your name down and be a bit flexible as to where you stay.

Edited at 08:57 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Interesting post and information. So how do you know how much your stay will be? Is there info? Assume you can add tickets as well?

Thanks
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
Interesting post and information. So how do you know how much your stay will be? Is there info? Assume you can add tickets as well?

Thanks
DDD
It's room only. It can be 50% off Disney rates. More if you are getting 1&2 beds, for example Disney cash rate for a 1 bed in Bay Lake can be over £1000 a night.
There's a points and cost calculator or the site.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Thank you... I’m just having a look. :-)
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DDD View Post

Thanks
DDD
Go the site and do some searches.

dvcrequest/

I don't think they do tickets. You have to arrange that yourself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thank you everyone. Now to work out if it’s cheaper to do that & pay for food out of pocket or book direct with free dining plan 🤔
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Mom, I’m thinking* the same now. If you have missed free Dining this would definitely be the best option though.
DDD
Old 10 Feb 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I can’t fault the service, I only booked for one night as wanted to go to Polynesian for my husband 60th, they were so helpful as they usually only book for two nights, but I was lucky as they were able to accommodate us.
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

They are faster than Disney at refunding your money if they can't find the availability you want as well.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've looked on their site and the following is not clear. Can you book the DVC points with a Dining Plan without having to book park tickets thus allowing you to purchase UK 14 or 21 day Ultimate.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List