Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Feb 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Post away, as long as you're NOT in a mankini!

This will make you smile, Monty started his life as a rental for a MCO supplier afore ending up in Cape Coral
Chris. Please tell me you aren't driving an ex Dollar car or I will never speak to you again.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Monty was a gamble for us Tom, we knew that, took the risk, saved circa £8k vs renting in 3 visits. We're very lucky, the friend we bought him from stores/adds Monty to his insurance policy when we leave. He changed the brake pads and oil on Friday plus a pair of disc brakes (he called them rotors) he'd been given for free and threw them on too. We bought the pads, oil/filter offer, 105 dollars which included his labour. Best cost effective decision we made buying that awld lad.
But it’s a minivan! Thought you’d be a sporty person
It must make a great workhorse. I’d have all the seats out apart from front row and use it as a van.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. Please tell me you aren't driving an ex Dollar car or I will never speak to you again.
Err, ohh, never thought of it being ex Dollar...

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
But it’s a minivan! Thought you’d be a sporty person
It must make a great workhorse. I’d have all the seats out apart from front row and use it as a van.
Hey up PPM, nope not really into sporty, I liked a bigger car which stems from when I owned a chauffeur car... altho, when Alamo had 'em I'd grab a nippy Chrysler Crossfire. It was right place, right time with Monty, cheap as chips as they wanted rid for a new minivan, amusing considering they store him May to November Now I simply see a tin box to get us A to B, our home tin box is a 2008 Proton Gen2, canny motor with Lotus engineering, a vehicle we don't mind leaving in storage whilst on the island.
Old 14 Feb 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

The whole point of this thread was to say that the choice of intermediate/mid size cars we had at the time was between 2 makes.
and whether this was the norm or not.

I wasn't expecting a vast choice of makes either but surely more than 2.
It could of been down factors such as time of day etc as said.

Thanks for your replies on the choices you had available when picking up your intermediate car..
Old 14 Feb 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

As many hire car companies have exclusive/ deals with manufacturers yes it is possible that only a few models available.
Last week in Frankfurt 3 seris only availabl Sixit,3 weeks ago Enterprise Glasgow Vauxhall Insignia only.( both work rentals)
So yes perfectly possible only a limited choice maybe available.
Enjoy your holiday.
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
The whole point of this thread was to say that the choice of intermediate/mid size cars we had at the time was between 2 makes.
and whether this was the norm or not.

I wasn't expecting a vast choice of makes either but surely more than 2.
It could of been down factors such as time of day etc as said.

Thanks for your replies on the choices you had available when picking up your intermediate car..
Yeap, all those factors you mention and then some - my brother hires regularly at Ft Myers airport, on some occasions there's no availability of the class he booked, he simply takes one from the next class up. Perhaps it comes down to how busy they are with a certain class and how long it takes the lads to clean those brought back.

Piece of string job, one is never 100% certain until they're stood in the depot.