Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Feb 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Alamo Nissan Versa

Hi
We have booked the Nissan Versa for 2 weeks. There will just be the two of us. We thought this car would be okay for, however, I am now wondering if it may be too small. I amd 6ft 2, and we are both a bit on the pleasantly plump side

Has anyone had this car? How much legroom is there, and do you think we should have gone for a larger one?
Thanks
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lets be honest 2 will fit no problems.

Will it be comfortable? Not for long distances but for poodling around fine.
Pros - Cheap and cheerful. Probably use 2 teaspons of gas in 2 weeks!

Cons - Dominated on roads by bigger cars, with the air con on full it wont pull the skin off a rice pudding, little in the way of gadgets, poor seating position, tall people will get cramped over any distance.

One for you to decide really.

When my Mum gave up driving I drove her 3 yr old Fiesta from S. Wales to Windsor as my Son had found a buyer. Nice car. I got out of it like the hunchback of Notre Dame!

I like lots of metal around me - safety.

Depends when you are going but the jump to an Intermediate shouldn't be that much.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lets be honest 2 will fit no problems.

Will it be comfortable? Not for long distances but for poodling around fine.
Pros - Cheap and cheerful. Probably use 2 teaspons of gas in 2 weeks!

Cons - Dominated on roads by bigger cars, with the air con on full it wont pull the skin off a rice pudding, little in the way of gadgets, poor seating position, tall people will get cramped over any distance.

One for you to decide really.

When my Mum gave up driving I drove her 3 yr old Fiesta from S. Wales to Windsor as my Son had found a buyer. Nice car. I got out of it like the hunchback of Notre Dame!

I like lots of metal around me - safety.

Depends when you are going but the jump to an Intermediate shouldn't be that much.
Thanks Tom.
Thats convinced me that Iv'e picked the wrong car. I need a lot of legroom, and good air con is a must.

Would it be easier and cheaper to get an upgrade when we arrive from Alamo, or go back through Virgin Holidays?
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks Tom.
Thats convinced me that Iv'e picked the wrong car. I need a lot of legroom, and good air con is a must.

Would it be easier and cheaper to get an upgrade when we arrive from Alamo, or go back through Virgin Holidays?
James
I would see what VH are quoting. If it's more than $10/$15 a day I would chance it in the garage. Just pop to the hut and show total disinterest but say you have heard they do upgrades.
But don't show any enthusiasm or they will charge you lots!
The price they quote at the Alamo hut is without tax which is 6% and the airport use fee which is 10%

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Tom. I'll check it out.
Old 13 Feb 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We had this car the first year we went, 3 adults one child, it was ok, husband is 6ft, Im 5'3 lol, but you do feel intimidated on the roads as every thing else is so much bigger! Much preferred the Nissan Rogue we had last year.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. Just another quick question about the Nissan Versa. Iv'e been looking online, and it seems to be an American model. There does'nt seem to be a Versa in the Uk.

Is there a car here that I could compare it with? Same size, legroom, boot etc. I could then go to a dealer and check out if it would be suitable.

Thanks
James
Old 13 Feb 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had a Versa in Florida for 2 and it was fine to drive and very economic. I didn't feel intimidated by other big vehicles, but maybe that's just me. I had booked an Economy, but they had run out hence the Versa. My husband is over 6ft and was fine.

I think the UK equivalent is the Note, but the boot on the Versa is a lot bigger.

It did feel a little underpowered, I normally like automatics, but this was a bit sluggish. Ok for our short journeys, but might get annoying on longer journeys.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the information. If it's like the Nissan Note, that may be a bit small for us. As I said, we are pleasantly plump (or cuddly, cause that sounds better😁😁😁 )

I may have a wander to the local Nissan dealer and pretend I am looking ng9 at buying a Note, just so that I can check it out for size.
James

Edited at 10:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks for the information. If it's like the Nissan Note, that may be a bit small for us. As I said, we are pleasantly plump (or cuddly, cause that sounds better😁😁😁 )

I may have a wander to the local Nissan dealer and pretend I am looking ng9 at buying a Note, just so that I can check it out for size.
James
The Versa was a Sedan, unlike the Note, so more room for luggage, but probably no difference to space inside. There were also 7 seaters in the same row as the Versas, but I didn’t notice what else there was.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List