Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Feb 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

Gatwick Meet & Greet - North

I have never used Meet & Greet before and on the booking screen it asks for an entry time and exit time.

We are travelling down from Yorkshire to Gatwick (yes I know Manchester is nearer) so will not know our exact time of arrival. It depends on the M1/M25 carpark

How strict are they re carpark arrival time? Is it better to put the earliest time of arrival to cover our selves.

And ditto with carpark departure. We land at 9:10am so was thinking about putting 11am as the latest time we hope to get away.

Anyone any thoughts?

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are looking at M&G but have decided against it -the reviews for ALL the companies are just dreadful

Its very easy to park at your hotel and check in/drop your luggage off then go and park the car yourself.

For our dates this is working out more expensive but DH is not going to risk even his company car with anyone else.

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We use valet parking every year. No complaints.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cliftonite View Post
I have never used Meet & Greet before and on the booking screen it asks for an entry time and exit time.

We are travelling down from Yorkshire to Gatwick (yes I know Manchester is nearer) so will not know our exact time of arrival. It depends on the M1/M25 carpark

How strict are they re carpark arrival time? Is it better to put the earliest time of arrival to cover our selves.

And ditto with carpark departure. We land at 9:10am so was thinking about putting 11am as the latest time we hope to get away.

Anyone any thoughts?
I have not used the Gatwick one but at the the best your entry time can only be an estimate to calculate how much it’s going to cost.

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
We are looking at M&G but have decided against it -the reviews for ALL the companies are just dreadful

Its very easy to park at your hotel and check in/drop your luggage off then go and park the car yourself.

For our dates this is working out more expensive but DH is not going to risk even his company car with anyone else.

Katie
So if you self park and your car is damaged by someone who drives off, who’s at fault.

However if you use a Meet & Greet and your car is damaged whilst in their care who’s at fault.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

We only ever use Gatwick's official Valet, not sure if this is the same as their Meet & Greet but never had any problems and we find it well worth the money. With Meet & Greet I imagine you may need to be more precise but with valet we put our drop-off as the earliest time we imagine to be there and are usually within 15 mins at most of that. On the way home we put the earliest time we will be back at our cars to make sure they have time to bring the car from wherever it's stored, if you put too late you may experience a wait.
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Raggyavn View Post
I have not used the Gatwick one but at the the best your entry time can only be an estimate to calculate how much it’s going to cost.

So if you self park and your car is damaged by someone who drives off, who’s at fault.

This is no different to parking anywhere though...

However if you use a Meet & Greet and your car is damaged whilst in their care who’s at fault.
There is a report from someone saying that their car was stolen following a M&G - the owner had to claim on their OWN insurance.

for the sake of a 10 minute bus journey its not worth it IMO.

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

There is a report from someone saying that their car was stolen following a M&G - the owner had to claim on their OWN insurance.

Katie
Totally agree. A friend of ours had their car returned with mud all,over it, about an extra 300 miles on the clock and macdonalds cartons in. Don't think there was a whole lot they could do about it. Equally I don't know which meet and greet, so it may be a different company OP. It just puts me off totally, so We never leave our keys. We like to collect the car where we left it. We Usually book into the car park that is a 2 minute walk to terminal but it's a bit pricey this year, so going to opt for the bus service ( first time in a Long time)
OP I have turned up earlier several times ( about an hour) when I have book parking before with Gatwick parking and never been charged. Is there an email address you could contact? My Gatwick are usually very responsive in answering emails.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I put an estimate of what time I will be there and similarly for the return.
However I make sure if I can that my pick up time is before the drop off time when cosidering the clock thus avoiding an extra days parking

So I drop off at 10.00am but pick up at 9.00am if that makes sense. Maple Manor you ring up as you are 10 mins out, not that it matters as they are there 24/7 anyhow!

I would much rather my car be removed than left for all and sundry to dent the doors, scrape cases past it etc etc.
I always check my mileage and the dashcam shows where it's been and I know their compound is like Fort Knox as I have viewed it on the memory card in the camera.

Edit. OP. Please dont tell me you are doing that drive the morning of the flight. High risk! The M25 can and is a nightmare and every week people miss their flights.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We only travel from Essex and still stay overnight in an hotel at LGW. The M25 can be terrible. Consider this option please.
Old 13 Feb 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Katie
So that’s not going to happen in an unsecured car park where any Tom, Dick or Harriet is free to wander around. If they want your car they’ll have it, with or without the keys.

If it’s stolen wilst in the M&G compound which only they have access too and they have my keys, I know who I’ll be meeting in court and they’ll need to persuade the judge that it was my fault.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List