Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The trip of many changes August 2017 - Day 6 Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Index here

We were up early again this morning for our first visit of the trip to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to be right at the front this morning in the hope of meeting Buzz and Woody and still finding a short queue for TSMM. We were the second family in line and were allowed through the turnstiles at about 8.35. We headed through and took a swift walk to the holding area inside the park and had again managed to stay right at the front

We managed to make it to Buzz and Woody first with everybody else in the crowd heading to TSMM first. The girls got some great interaction as Woody and Buzz were waiting outside and walked them through the queue line.

We had finished with the meet and greet by 9.05 and found this guy waiting outside.

After a quick photo we headed straight over to TSMM, the posted wait was already 30 minutes but we got in line anyway knowing we had time before out next planned stop.
We were on and off by 9.25 and had time to grab some snacks and drinks in Starbucks on our way to the 10.00 BATB show. With hindsight a fruit tart wasn't the easiest snack to eat but it certainly was delicious.

We all really enjoyed the show and were glad to have seen this as we had missed it on our first trip. I couldn't help feeling that once again we had been very lucky with our timings and were having a great day.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Next up was our first FP of the day for TOT. I had done this ride once in Paris and hated it so I was sitting out. Despite loving it on our last visit Evie decided to sit it out too so we browsed the shop while waiting for Ollie and the other girls.

They came off just before 11 - perfect timing to make it to our next FP for the frozen singalong. On the way over we had our photo taken - I was determined to make better use of the photopass this time!

Then we got lucky and caught this.

We arrived to our fastpass with plenty of time to spare. It was a welcome relief to be waiting in shelter for theatre to open and I used the opportunity to change around our next FP. Evie had decided that she really didn't want to ride RRC and neither Ollie nor I like it either so with a bit of refreshing I got lucky and switched our three to TSMM at the same time.

After the singalong which I must confess to not entirely remembering, we parted way with the older girls with plans to meet back up outside Starbucks once we had ridden our respective rides. It was lovely this trip to be able to give the girls a bit of freedom. By the time we got back they were already waiting for us.

We had hoped we might be able to catch Donald and Daisy before they stopped meeting for the day but it wasn't to be. We were once again feeling quite tired after a busy morning and my knee was still causing me some problems so we made the decision to take a break.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Luckily we had planned ahead this morning and had our refillable mugs and swimming things in the boot. We stopped off at jambo to grab some lunch at Mara. After the short car ride my knee had really ceased up so Ollie dropped us as close to the entrance as possible before parking the car. We grabbed lunch and were once again easily able to swap our drinks for snacks. While eating I managed to snag a fastpass for rivers of light tonight. The plan was to try out the pool at Jambo but as it was closed we drove the short journey back to Kidani and the girls went in the pool there until about 4.00.

We had a quick rest in our room before leaving once again for Animal Kingdom. We were in the park for 7.45 and went staight to dinoland having missed this part of the park on Sunday. The older girls queued for primeval whirl. The queue time said 30 minutes but it was 10 to 9 before they came off making it a rush to get to our FP in time. Evie opted out of primeval whirl this time so we went on triceratop spin instead.

We hurried towards rivers of light. I knew that we would need to be over by EE for the FP entrance but I hadnt realised that we wouldn't be able to walk the most straightforward route past finding nemo to get there. We walked all the way around faster than would be comfortable - luckily my knee was feeling somewhat better after a jacuzzi bath during our rest - but we made it and plenty of other people still came in after us.

I can see what some people mean about there being no real story to the show but it is very peaceful and pretty so we enjoyed it. I would definitely plan to see it again on another trip.

We took a leisurely stroll out of the park getting another photo on the way.

Edited at 11:36 PM.
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Buzz and Woody meet sounds great fun. Shame your knee was playing up.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Another great day. I feel your pain though as I had plantar fasciitis in both heels last August and you desperately don’t want to spoil everyone else’s enjoyment. A rest in jacuzzi sounds perfect 😊
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Buzz and Woody meet sounds great fun. Shame your knee was playing up.
Thanks, the meet was really good fun. We had a mixture this trip - some really good meets and some that were a bit disappointing.

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Another great day. I feel your pain though as I had plantar fasciitis in both heels last August and you desperately don’t want to spoil everyone else’s enjoyment. A rest in jacuzzi sounds perfect 😊
Luckily my knee did get better as the trip went on. Plantar fasciitis is nasty. Robyn has suffered a bit from it in the past.
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Thanks, the meet was really good fun. We had a mixture this trip - some really good meets and some that were a bit disappointing.

Luckily my knee did get better as the trip went on. Plantar fasciitis is nasty. Robyn has suffered a bit from it in the past.
It’s horrible-I still have it now😭. Only Cornwall this year though so not quite as much walking. I’ve just read the Blizzard Beach/HWS day. We’re exactly the same, try to do too much and end up exhausted. However we feel it has to be done 😃!
Old 20 Feb 18, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
It’s horrible-I still have it now😭. Only Cornwall this year though so not quite as much walking. I’ve just read the Blizzard Beach/HWS day. We’re exactly the same, try to do too much and end up exhausted. However we feel it has to be done 😃!
Yes, definitely trying to cram too much in - I don't think we'd need to if we knew we could go more often but it's only ever going to be every 2/3 years for us.

Thankfully Robyn's feet are mostly fine now.

I love Cornwall it is so beautiful.

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Lucky with the. ROL fastpast. I really enjoyed this show and my teennager was moved to tears (might have been exhaustion!). Sounds like you're having a fab time. Really makes me excited for our trip. Thank you.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Lucky with the. ROL fastpast. I really enjoyed this show and my teennager was moved to tears (might have been exhaustion!). Sounds like you're having a fab time. Really makes me excited for our trip. Thank you.
We did have a great trip thanks, we got lucky with quite a few FP.