Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

My Mum’s just told me ‘it’s about time you grew out of Disney’

Hi, we are very lucky and have been to Florida many times. I was just explaining to my Mum, how the best part of my holiday is watching the fireworks around the castle at Magic Kingdom (always makes me feel very emotional) and she replied with that. I wouldn’t mind but we only spend 2 days at the Disney Parks. I’m 55 and have two grown up DD’s, she told me that I needed Grandchildren! She just doesn’t get it!
Susan62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

no she doesn't - most of my adult family members don't either - but you do and it makes you happy, so keep on being happy .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Scandalous! I'm going for my 50th Birthday this year. Just me and the Wife...no kids or Grandchildren.

Growing old is compulsory, but growing up is optional

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Most of the people I know don’t get it! That’s fine it’s not for everyone. My mum doesn’t need to get it she doesn’t come with us nor will she ever be invited! She also doesn’t get my black American fridge/freezer (it should be white), eating tea after 5.30pm (that’s tea time after all), and I could go on 😉 You go enjoy x
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

A lot of folk don't get it, but hey, I don't "get" the sort of stuff a lot of folk to for fun...

When asked why I so look forward to Florida, and "isn't it a bit childish?" my usual retort is along the lines of:

I have a wife, a child, and a mortgage... that's about as grown up as I want to get.
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
People either 'get' Disney or not.

Some just do it as a holiday for the kids. Others like many on here have the Disney bug and are unlikely to ever grow out of it! I'm older than you and cannot see it happening to me.

I have the odd moments of disillusionment with it but then the bug bites again

Luckily my husband has been bitten by the same bug and some of my children and I look forward to visiting for many, many years to come.

We are lucky enough to be able to go to lots of other parts of the world as well but I will always love a Disney holiday, Disney films and Disney products. Age has nothing to do with it, do what you enjoy we only get one shot at life!

Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Use the famous quote:-

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My very good friend who knows my love of Disney, told me only a few days ago that he wanted to take his kids (8 and 6) to Florida before they were too old for Disney to which I replied, “ I’m 39... do you see me being too old for Disney?” 😉
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH doesn't get it either sadly, which is partly why DD and I are going without him in October for our birthdays. He is more than happy for us to go without him, and he did enjoy his holiday there but says it was just a holiday, nothing more and that he prefers to visit different places each time. I love to visit other places too but feel a Disney holiday has a special feel to it, takes me back to my childhood and lots of wonderful memories.

I know I am an adult, with 3 childen (mostly adults too) and I am not childish in everyday life. In fact I take on nearly all the household responsibilities while my DH thinks the 'Disney fairy' sorts it all out I think 😀. But a Disney holiday is something magical, which we all have to realise that not everyone 'gets' sadly. Maybe we are the lucky ones to appreciate it and enjoy it so much 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I do feel a pull to see new things / places sometimes, but when it comes down to it, Florida and Disney especially is so much fun! We went via NYC one year and did the sights, all very grown up and nice, but after a couple of days, we wanted to be in parks having fun!

I find fireworks, swimming pools and theme parks dull away from Disney / Florida. Oh and that sun... and food...great combination for a hol.

Good job their are plenty that don't get it, we don't want longer lines!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List