Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Feb 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I have never tipped housekeeping in a hotel. Nor have I ever met anyone that has. And I am very well travelled for business and work as are most people I know. Only place I have even heard of this custom is on this website. I expect the thread will be closed soon.
If I am being honest I don’t mind tipping at all as I know that’s how a lot of people who work in the American service industry make up their wage. Each to their own I suppose.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Usually $1 per day pp, as seems the norm from this site and others I follow, why do you expect the thread to be closed? OP asked a question and has been answered appropriately
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Maep View Post
If I am being honest I don’t mind tipping at all as I know that’s how a lot of people who work in the American service industry make up their wage. Each to their own I suppose.
Well to be fair, I have not said I “minded”. Merely that I have never come across anybody, on the three contents I have lived on, that has ever tipped housekeeping. Hope that clarifies.
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

It's the job I would never want to do.

It's hard work for little remuneration. It's no skin off my nose to leave a few dollars a day for the hard-working individuals who do this task and some of the mess they have to clean up, unbelievable. I sometimes look through open doors and it looks like bombs were dropped.
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
I have never tipped housekeeping in a hotel. Nor have I ever met anyone that has. And I am very well travelled for business and work as are most people I know. Only place I have even heard of this custom is on this website. I expect the thread will be closed soon.
I also travel extensively and always tip housekeeping.
It's common practice, not just on the dibb

As said above it's best to do it daily. If you leave it until the end of the week then your regular housekeeper may miss out
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

We always tip when staying in a hotel in usa. Just leave it on end of the bed a few dollars. We went to new York in January and the girl I travelled with brought Cadbury chocolate and made up wee bags with a few bars and a few dollars. It was a lovely touch and the maids left us a note every day to say thank you.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We tip $1 per person in the room per day so next trip $4. I make the envelopes before we leave and write ‘To Our Mousekeeper’ on them so there can be no confusion. I cleaned conference rooms when I was a Uni student. Most foul job I’ve ever had some people really are disgusting dirty pigs. Housekeepers are very welcome to my tips I’m sure in some rooms they really earn them. I’m in the camp of tidying and making the bed before we leave every day but tip anyways.
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I also thought it common practice and have tipped wherever we travel in the world.
In Florida we tip 3-5 dollars a day depending on what we have in change. DD always leaves a thank you note and some sort of sweets/chocolates, especially the hotels that make her some sort of creation out of a towel, arrange her cuddly toys and fold her pyjamas everyday.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wearegoingtowdw
Getting Excited

Mobile

We always tip daily. $1 per person per day.
We leave a note saying thank you.
wearegoingtowdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

We don’t tip housekeeping.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List