Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Any hairdressers - Poor quality highlights?

My wife paid £125 yesterday for half head highlights and a hair cut. She is so unhappy with the hair cut as the senior stylist rushed it and didn't layer it as my wife asked, but it looks like clumps have been cut out, and even the fringe is uneven and it looks like she's done it herself.

My wife is so disappointed with both the highlights and the haircut to the point that she has just booked herself an appointment with another hairdresser at a different salon later today.

My wife did point out to the hairdresser once it was blow dried that it wasn't layered, but the hairdresser said it was too late as it had been styled and it was now dry, but if she didn't like it she could go back, but she has no confidence to return to the salon.

With regards the highlights, my wife agreed with the hairdresser before she started that she would use a 50/50 ratio of bleach and highlighter, but the stylist ignored that and put 100% bleach on the front area of her hair and consequently it's far too light.

My wife wasn't intending to complain, but I do feel she should at least get a partial refund as she is now paying out again today to get the hair cut corrected as well as the time and inconvenience this is causing her. She didn't notice in the salon how bady the highlights had been done until she left.

Any opinions on the highlights in the picture appreciated especially with regards the roots (remember this was done less than 24 hours ago)?

Edited at 01:14 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am not a hairdresser but I have had highlighted hair for most of my life.
That is not good and although I totally understand her reluctance to go back that is her best route. Did she have the style director, if not I suggest that is your contact. Also is the hairdresser online with the potential to award stars and reviews? At least make some contact even if via the phone, I don't see why you should chuck a further £100+ getting what you should have got first time.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d be going back and asking for a refund at £125 x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My wife actually asked for the style director and obviously paid a premium for her supposed excellent service.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi,
Something similar happened to me last April except the hairdresser bleached nearly all of my hair!

It has taken me six months to get my hair back to some sort of nice condition and highlights that look natural.

I really feel for your wife, I came home and cried as well as going back, and crying to the salon manager. She had to strip the bleach out of my hair. I had two conditioning treatments and another cut by her as my layers were very uneven on both sides. This was all done free of charge.

Please try and persuade your wife to go back, and then change hairdressers once they have corrected it...

Best wishes,
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My wife said thanks for the feedback so far, I did tell/warn her that she will get honest opinions on the dibb and it's nice that she isn't being too fussy with her expectations.

Unfortunately my wife won't go back because she has no fate at all especially being she had the top stylist in the salon.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Old 24 Feb 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
My wife said thanks for the feedback so far, I did tell/warn her that she will get honest opinions on the dibb and it's nice that she isn't being too fussy with her expectations.

Unfortunately my wife won't go back because she has no fate at all especially being she had the top stylist in the salon.
Oh dear - then her situation is quite different to mine. That’s awful. I found out that the stylist who messed my hair up was only 19 and still in training - I was so disappointed that the receptionist booked me in with her despite saying how I wanted my hair done. She also left 1cm of roots, just like your wife’s.

Is there another salon she could go to?
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The trouble with going to another salon is that they won't know exactly what was done, honestly I would at the very least speak to the hairdresser who did this, they won't want bad publicity especially if it was the senior stylist who did it? Are they also the owner?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I would be demanding a refund from the salon and using the money to go elsewhere.

If it was a cheap cut and colour £30 I would write it off but not at that price.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I had a bad experience with a new hairdresser - the person who I had booked with had called in sick and I got a junior (I didn’t know at the time). At the end I said I wasn't happy and they said straight away, don’t pay now, come back in and let us resolve it. I went back a week later, spoke to the manager and the stylist that I should have had tried to correct my stripey, uneven highlights.
It was only at that point that I paid, still not totally happy, a slightly discounted rate. I then changed salons and touch wood, my new one is ok. I do agree, as hard as it is, you should let the salon try to resolve. In fairness, the original salon thanked me for the opportunity to correct it... and hoped I would try them again..

Edited at 03:05 PM.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List