Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
I would be demanding a refund from the salon and using the money to go elsewhere.

If it was a cheap cut and colour £30 I would write it off but not at that price.
I agree.
I understand your wife now wouldn’t want the stylist to touch her hair again but she should go back for a refund before going elsewhere to have it sorted.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hairdresser here of 35 years. Probably too late but she really does need to go back to the salon and complain but bear in mind they only have to offer to correct the problem, if your wife chooses not to let them correct it then there is no law saying they have to refund. From a professional point of view, they don't look good at all and she has every reason to complain!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
It doesn't look good and if your wife isn't happy, but doesn't want to go in to the salon - ring first and have a word with the stylist - say she's not happy and she should be getting either most or half her money back - say that she isn't confident enough to have the same stylist doing her hair again as she doesn't like it this time. I think the salon will be expecting some sort of come back if they have let your wife go out not being happy - £125 for what she has is not good tbh. Good Luck
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! That’s not a good look... if it was a slightly disappointing cut if chalk it to the stylist and talk to the salon (as she said she wanted layers and didn’t get them) salon director or not she should have got the layers and a straight fridge (hair cutting 101 much!) as the colour is involved too id still give them a ring and tell them your not happy and that you’d like compensation
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Honestly ring the salon £125 is not cheap I pay that for my hair and it kills me every time lol but at least it's worth it. For the stylist to say it's to late now when she was told she didn't cut it right is so wrong she should have washed it again if she needed to. Your wife paid a lot of money for a service that she has not received.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Shame you're not near me, we charge less than half that for hi-lites and a cut and blow dry at my salon!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Shame you're not near me, we charge less than half that for hi-lites and a cut and blow dry at my salon!
you anywhere near the wirral, would love a good hairdresser they are so hard to find

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

It doesn't look good near the crown, not to upset your wife.
She should really go back, would you be happy to go with her? The only other thing is if you get no satisfaction and you paid by CC they may help.
Upsetting though, you pay for a premium service and expect to get it.

P.S.my last cut and highlights £26!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by susie View Post
you anywhere near the wirral, would love a good hairdresser they are so hard to find
Sorry Susie, right down in Rugby!
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks again for the replies (my wife has read them all). She had her hair recut this afternoon by a senior stylist at another salon and he tried to remain professional but wasn't too impressed with the work done by the director stylist yesterday. My wife is much happier now with her hair cut, and is going back to the same senior stylist next week to have low lights put in her hair to soften it as it's far too bright (not surprising with 100% bleach put on it). So with today's cost and next week's cost that will be slightly more than she paid yesterday, so this will be costing over £250 in the space of a week plus all the hassle/time.

Hopefully she will get some money back from the hairdresser that messed it up yesterday, but if she doesn't then there isn't much we can do and worst things happen. It's just frustrating that she specifically booked the director stylist yesterday as she wanted a decent job, and you expect better.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List