Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Summer weather

Hello it will be are first time to Orlando we are hoping to book July /August school holidays. But as this is the only time we can go for 2 weeks I am very worried about what the weather will be like and how the family will cope with the heat. Please can people offer advice I am starting to worry. Just wish we could go some other time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterfan5686
slightly serious Dibber

Potterfan5686's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
never been this time of year but pretty sure this is rainy season/ hurricane season..
humidity will be high I would imagine but rain should break it up a little. we went beginning of September and it was hot but nice only time we struggled was watching shows at sea world with the metal seats ouch! the rain was a lovely break x
Potterfan5686 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

July and August is very hot. Usually around 95f in the shade. However, most places including ride queues are air conditioned

Rain can be a pain and as you go in to August the risk of Tropical storms increases rapidly
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xeal View Post
Hello it will be are first time to Orlando we are hoping to book July /August school holidays. But as this is the only time we can go for 2 weeks I am very worried about what the weather will be like and how the family will cope with the heat. Please can people offer advice I am starting to worry. Just wish we could go some other time.
We went July last time and are going July again this year. There is no point sugar coating it, it’s very hot and very humid. However everywhere is air conditioned and it’s all about pacing yourself and taking breaks. We go to the parks early then return to the villa mid day before heading out again as it starts to cool down. Personally I love the heat but if you don’t you need to plan.
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We always travel at that time. Drink plenty of water around the parks(there are loads of water fountains around), all ride queues and rides have air-con. The only times we have really suffered with the heat is waiting in the sun for parades and shows(first trip only, now we either wait in the shade or don’t watch them!). Also remember to stay hydrated at the pool, water parks, mini golf- seems obvious but these are the times we tend to forget to drink water(avoid the fizzy pop at the pools, they do not hydrate you). You’ll love it!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Been a total of 4 times at this time of year. Mostly very hot with a heavy shower in the afternoon which lasts about an hour. In 2003 it was a little wetter with rain lasting most of the day and it was drizzly rain. (Not every day but more than the other 3 times I’ve been)
I’ve been with children the last two visits and we make sure to keep hydrated with lots of water. Pop into shops (all air conditioned - bliss!) or go out early and return in the afternoon for pool time if it gets too hot.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thats what i keep saying to myself lots of people go this time of year with children. But just worried my children wont cope with the heat. The only other option is going for a week in November but not sure if thats duable. Has anybody been for 1 week.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Been maybe 15 times July to September.
You'll cope no problems. It's v hot, can go from very warm to insanely humid and hot.
Work on hitting park at rope drop, good planning, using extra morning hours if on site, and going back by 3 at the latest to get around the pool.
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The rain in the afternoons is probably more annoying for us. Like you we've only got the option of the school holidays. As others have said there is air con everywhere and many attractions are either in doors or have parts of the queue in doors so you will be able to get out of the heat. The rain around 4pm will be torrential and you are best off waiting it out in a store or a show. They are usually short and don't often last longer than a few minutes, we've come out of rides and found the ground drenched and not even known it was raining.

Try not to worry about the weather though, there's nothing you can do about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hydrate constantly. Reapply suncream regularly. Try and get up and maximise mornings. Book lunch in an air conditioned restaurant. Use shops and indoor attractions for air conditioning. Pool time in the mid afternoon is your friend. Out again in the evenings. Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Pack rain jackets from home the park ones are expensive and like sticky horrible pressure cookers. Personally I don’t mind it (using the above tips) but it’s not for everyone.