Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Mar 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Lumiere & Cogsworth

I really want to buy the actual Cogsworth clock and light up Lumiere ... they are gorgeous but quite pricey at £59 each on the Disney store 😳

I was just wondering for anybody that has recently been found them any cheaper in the parks ? Can't imagine they would be but not sure whether to wait and buy them when I go.

As if my house couldn't be more of a Disney grotto ! 😳😳
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I paid $74.95 cogsworth and $49.95 lumiere excluding tax in 2015 for mine in the parks . They were awkward to get home as well as the boxes are pretty big. Hth x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
I really want to buy the actual Cogsworth clock and light up Lumiere ... they are gorgeous but quite pricey at £59 each on the Disney store 😳

I was just wondering for anybody that has recently been found them any cheaper in the parks ? Can't imagine they would be but not sure whether to wait and buy them when I go.

As if my house couldn't be more of a Disney grotto ! 😳😳
In my opinion you are better off buying them in the UK (unless you have a free gift card) because I think they work out more expensive/the same cost in America with the poor exchange rate.
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I got Lumiere for $58 ( including tax), a couple of weeks ago, but previous poster is right - the boxes are very big. They're packed in a big square of polystyrene. The alternative is to take it out of the box and wrap it in towels or something - or buy another suitcase for it😂
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lumiere was $55 and Cogsworth was $80 not including tax in Disneyland this week.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

I bought both last year in Magic Kingdom. Yes they came in bulky packaging, but I wouldn't take them out of it to bring them home. The hands on cogsworth are terribly fragile, and could snap very easily. They were my must haves last year, and the main things I brought back. I've not seen the ones offered here, so don't know if they are the same or cheaper.
Old 20 Mar 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Sounds like it's all the same price then. Not planning to do a haul of souvenirs this trip so those two things will be my splash of cash and I'd rather get them over there
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Cogsworth in his box fitted easily into my carry on case. Buying Lumiere this year.
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
redAnt
Helping Mickey

Got Cogsworth over here a couple of months ago for around £70.

Wouldn't want to fit the box in luggage. The tenner more it cost us is worth the extra half a suitcase of space.
Old 1 Apr 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We bought both last year, the boxes are approximately the size of a shoe box. As the the previous poster has said you need to transport these in the box as the hands on Cogsworth are exposed and I imagine would break easily in transit without protection. However we did get both boxes in to one backpack that we would take on as a cabin bag.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List