Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 25 Mar 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tori-ori-oria
Excited about Disney

Tori-ori-oria's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Registering for runDisney - how long to allow?

Hi everyone!

Not long to go until our trip now!

Finalising the itinerary, and having never done a runDisney event before, I'm struggling to know how long to allow to register.

We are doing the Star Wars Half on the Sunday, but plan to register when the expo opens on the Thursday. We're planning to go on our way out of MK, probably at around 1:30

Is anyone who's registered for a race before able to tell me how long it took?

Thanks so much!
1993 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...1997 - DLP Newport Bay...2001 - Orlando, Private Villa...2003 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...2008 - Orlando, Private Villa...2010 - Orlando, Private Villa...2014 - Orlando, Private Villa, Beach Club and RPR
Tori-ori-oria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Are you driving? Are you just going to pick up your bib or will you be shopping at the Expo too?
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Tori-ori-oria
Excited about Disney

Tori-ori-oria's Reviews
Yep, we will be driving.

I suppose I'm planning on just picking up the bib.

If we end up doing any shopping that will just be extra time but at least I'll be in control of how long that takes!

Having never even been to ESPN I'm just intrigued how long it takes to park, walk there (no idea where the car park is in relation to wherever the expo is!) and register.

I just don't want to allow an hour for it and then it take more like 3 hours!
1993 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...1997 - DLP Newport Bay...2001 - Orlando, Private Villa...2003 - DLP Sequoia Lodge...2008 - Orlando, Private Villa...2010 - Orlando, Private Villa...2014 - Orlando, Private Villa, Beach Club and RPR
Tori-ori-oria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tori-ori-oria View Post
Yep, we will be driving.

I suppose I'm planning on just picking up the bib.

If we end up doing any shopping that will just be extra time but at least I'll be in control of how long that takes!

Having never even been to ESPN I'm just intrigued how long it takes to park, walk there (no idea where the car park is in relation to wherever the expo is!) and register.

I just don't want to allow an hour for it and then it take more like 3 hours!

I just wrote out a really long reply and it vanished. Will reply properly later, but allow at least an hour, and that assumes no queues to speak of and no shopping or other distractions. Thurs will be busy early so you might be choosing well going at 1.30.

The biggest queues for me last year were 90 minutes waiting to get a photo with BB8 (DD and DH made me); 25 minutes to get into the Expo (we were there at opening as we knew the queue would be bad); 90 minutes getting a corral problem resolved at Runner Relations. Lots of queuing but you can prob avoid all of those.

Will come back later, sorry !
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Will try and expand further - there are lots of factors so I'm making some assumptions and hope I'm there or thereabouts

You're arriving at a quiet time - the early birds will have gone or be on their way out by then so I'm assuming you won't be queuing to get in, like you have to on occasion when they are holding people outside one of the buildings until some people leave.

I guess you'll be five minutes driving in and parking, perhaps in overflow at that time. The parking process is like a well oiled machine and they will tell you where to park.

Say 10/15 minutes to get up to ESPN, if you're in overflow they run shuttles, but it's continuous.

Once there you'll head in and collect your bib, try and have your waiver printed and signed already so you don't have to queue to do that. I've never had to wait more than a minute or two to collect the bib itself, but you're talking ten minutes to get in, get the bib and get out.

Then, over to the other building to pick up your tech shirt. You will have to walk through all the merchandise vendors, so you may get distracted or you may have to wait in line to get inside (I'm guessing unlikely at that time though). Say ten minutes minimum to go in and come straight out.

Then, back to your car, reverse the way in process (10/15 minutes).

So I reckon about an hour? But there are many distractions!

Very very good luck with the race - you'll have an amazing time
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tori-ori-oria
Excited about Disney

Tori-ori-oria's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Will try and expand further - there are lots of factors so I'm making some assumptions and hope I'm there or thereabouts

You're arriving at a quiet time - the early birds will have gone or be on their way out by then so I'm assuming you won't be queuing to get in, like you have to on occasion when they are holding people outside one of the buildings until some people leave.

I guess you'll be five minutes driving in and parking, perhaps in overflow at that time. The parking process is like a well oiled machine and they will tell you where to park.

Say 10/15 minutes to get up to ESPN, if you're in overflow they run shuttles, but it's continuous.

Once there you'll head in and collect your bib, try and have your waiver printed and signed already so you don't have to queue to do that. I've never had to wait more than a minute or two to collect the bib itself, but you're talking ten minutes to get in, get the bib and get out.

Then, over to the other building to pick up your tech shirt. You will have to walk through all the merchandise vendors, so you may get distracted or you may have to wait in line to get inside (I'm guessing unlikely at that time though). Say ten minutes minimum to go in and come straight out.

Then, back to your car, reverse the way in process (10/15 minutes).

So I reckon about an hour? But there are many distractions!

Very very good luck with the race - you'll have an amazing time
Karen, you are an absolute angel!

Thanks you so much for taking time to write such an indepth reply (twice!)

Honestly hadn't a clue what to expect so this has really helped. Not sure I had realised the number of people involved... an overflow car park? Queuing to get in? Golly Moses that sounds intense. What's so special about it!

Didn't even know I needed a waiver printed, I'd like to think I'd have checked the paperwork before flying but I'm not entirely sure I would've... certainly will be now! Thank you!

As you might be able to gather from my somewhat ignorance... this is my first (and last!) ever race! Kind of a once in a lifetime thing, not a huge fan of running but it was the only way the lunatic running-loving boyfriend would let us go to Disney for two weeks!

So yes, since I'm only just managing 5K 3 weeks before the race... I need all the luck in the world!

Thank you again!
Old 31 Mar 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tori-ori-oria View Post
Karen, you are an absolute angel!

Thanks you so much for taking time to write such an indepth reply (twice!)

Honestly hadn't a clue what to expect so this has really helped. Not sure I had realised the number of people involved... an overflow car park? Queuing to get in? Golly Moses that sounds intense. What's so special about it!

Didn't even know I needed a waiver printed, I'd like to think I'd have checked the paperwork before flying but I'm not entirely sure I would've... certainly will be now! Thank you!

As you might be able to gather from my somewhat ignorance... this is my first (and last!) ever race! Kind of a once in a lifetime thing, not a huge fan of running but it was the only way the lunatic running-loving boyfriend would let us go to Disney for two weeks!

So yes, since I'm only just managing 5K 3 weeks before the race... I need all the luck in the world!

Thank you again!
You'll be fine and I hope you really enjoy the race the new course looks fab.

They get a lot of entrants for RD events - Star Wars is a lot smaller than some of the others. I suppose it's like any other massive race, lots of people! I say that with no personal experience as the only really really big races I've done have been at Disney. My UK ones have been much smaller

You should be able to download your waiver now, I saw lots of excitement on Facebook yesterday from people saying they were up. The digital event guide is also ready

Maybe you'll really enjoy it and be back for another (especially if it gets your boyfriend back again )

Give me a shout if you need anything else

Edited at 11:12 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Good luck! My husband wants to do one so I keep checking the site for next year!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Aww I've just checked and we fly home 4 days before it next April!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 05:45 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to pop on and say good luck for the run. I've not done 10k yet due to 2 lots of cold (managed 9k before the second one) so am hoping the atmosphere carries me through myself.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List