Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Jan 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nazzer
Excited about Disney

Blueman Group at Universal

Hi, am thinking of doing the Blueman group show at universal during our holiday. Thoughts / recommendations ? Is it a good evening ? How big is the theatre ? we will be 3 adults 2 children ? is the poncho / splash zone worth the extra ?

thanks in advance !
Nazzer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
We have done the blue man show a couple of times. Well worth the money. We sat a couple of rows back from the slash zone which was close enough for us.
Theatre not massive, I think when you book your tickets you pick your seat. But where ever you sit you will see and you will be involved in the show.
Don't run off after the show as the cast come out into reception for photos. Have fun

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Laurie170
Gone all Goofy

We've been to Blue Man a couple of times, about 6 years apart and my husband and I and our two children really enjoyed it. We sat in the splash zone each time.

Definitely don't look it up first though (YouTube) as it'll spoil it. It's better if you don't know what you're going to see.
Laurie170 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Loved BMG but not I'm not a splash zone sort of person so can't advise on if it's worth it (I would pay not to be in the splash zone).
Old 8 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just got back and we went to the Blue man show. We had a fab night. We bought the cheaper seats and was upgraded to the splash zone. My mum and son decided to stay in the original seats and they had a fab time. Real feel good show.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anybody know when the show was last updated?
We last saw it in 2013 I think. It had been updated just prior to that. Don't fancy seeing exactly the same one again.
Old 8 Apr 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

We are thinking of going when we are over there in a couple of weeks. Is there anywhere to purchase discounted tickets?
Old 19 Apr 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
erm33
slightly serious Dibber

This show was the worst I've seen in my life. My recommendation if you want something fun to do that'll cost much less and be more fun, do an escape room in Orlando rather than this.
erm33 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

This is a great show. Lots of fun.

we sat in the splash zone. Nothing to get splashed about though, even if, I was the only one getting *splashed* lol ... received some sort of slime, square in the face (only place not covered by poncho ... ) no big deal except the thing smelled like vomit ... (not kidding or being gross, that's what it smelled like)
but that was ok. and the show was really fun.

We used our AP for a 20% off discount. Was well worth the money, and we will gladly go back

the theatre is really small.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
This is a great show. Lots of fun.

we sat in the splash zone. Nothing to get splashed about though, even if, I was the only one getting *splashed* lol ... received some sort of slime, square in the face (only place not covered by poncho ... ) no big deal except the thing smelled like vomit ... (not kidding or being gross, that's what it smelled like)
but that was ok. and the show was really fun.

We used our AP for a 20% off discount. Was well worth the money, and we will gladly go back

the theatre is really small.
I agree but I think it's something you either get or you don't - you have to have the right sense of humour for it to work well .

Plus you have to be happy to play with their enormous balls .