Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by mattscold View Post
Meander Through Slough with Jonathon Ross or something?
That sounds more suitable for Team Wimp!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
I highly doubt they'll offer express pass on a brand new ride - it wasn't offered on Rip Ride Rockit during our last visit for the same reason.
Thanks, that's what I thought but as there was some talk of using Express Pass earlier in the thread I was hoping someone could confirm .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

It's entirely possible that express pass customers get preferential slots to regular guests, but that's just conjecture on my part. Perhaps only 90% of the ride's potential capacity gets allocated such that where a booking placed by a regular guest may be 5 hours from then, a guest with an express pass may get a slot 30-40 minutes away.

My suspicions regarding this are that there physically isn't room in the (to my recollection quite restrictive) plot that Twister occupied to have a queue area suitable for containing multiple hours' worth of queuing guests, so making the ride reservation-only makes sense.
Old 17 Jan 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ratmanscoop View Post
It's entirely possible that express pass customers get preferential slots to regular guests, but that's just conjecture on my part. Perhaps only 90% of the ride's potential capacity gets allocated such that where a booking placed by a regular guest may be 5 hours from then, a guest with an express pass may get a slot 30-40 minutes away.

My suspicions regarding this are that there physically isn't room in the (to my recollection quite restrictive) plot that Twister occupied to have a queue area suitable for containing multiple hours' worth of queuing guests, so making the ride reservation-only makes sense.
As an Express pass guest, I like that idea . And I hadn't considered that, it is a small area, isn't it?
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
I believe it might be a bit like soarin from what the blurb on the ride said when they were announcing it but he also said it was similar to Harry Potter and the forbidden Journey so who knows.
"Universal will debut a new ride vehicle for the attraction, which will seat up to 72 people, as "the world's first-ever flying theatre".
I posted it in another thread, but the current rumour is that they are basing it on this ride system:

dymorides/products.html#classic

Also, Jimmy Fallon hosts the Studio Tour at US Hollywood (which is also why he appears in a cameo version in a similar role for the safety video in Jurassic World) so he does has a Universal link already. I think he is much bigger in the states than over here but I love watching the clips from his show on youtube

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

This opens the day before i fly home! I hope it will be good
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Soft opening!

Edited at 11:59 PM.
fl-veteran is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mattscold
Helping Mickey

Rode this on Monday, it was an alright ride, nothing special, but was loitering around the pre-show bit far too long. Hopefully when this is open properly it will be sorted out. The clips and performance was funny however, they will get old quickly if they dont speed up the turn around time
mattscold is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We rode it today have to say glad we didn't have to wait as we Had AP holder priory won't be in a rush to go back on it
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We rode it today have to say glad we didn't have to wait as we Had AP holder priory won't be in a rush to go back on it
Hi Gryff, does the ride jolt you around at all ? Thanks.