Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Feb 17, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

The DDP PDF guide on the Disney website for 2017 still says the QS drink can be exchanged for any eligible snack credit. (a little star to a footnote). I hope you still will be able to, my boys don't drink pop so always enjoy the iced water and have a cookie or something instead.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year at AKL whenever we got a QS meal we would swap the drink for an extra dessert, often a muffin or crossaint for a quick breakfast the next day! And we still had the dessert hat actually came with the meal, yummy cupcakes... we always looked like we were having a right feast carrying the trays
Old 28 Feb 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daunty View Post
It's been removed from the dining plan leaflet too.
I've just checked on the Disney site and it does say that the beverage can be substituted on the plan for an eligable snack. Take a print out of their PDF and show it to the CM if they say no! :-)

Edited at 02:47 PM.
KCMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

i think i am going to take a print out and if a CM consistently refuses then i will leave it at that moment and later mention it to concierge

it does say across the top valid for guest arrivals 1/1 - 31/12. 2017 and locations can change without liability

but it does not mention that the plan itself could change

i would argue that they have changed the terms of the plan by removing this advertised option

i do hope it isn't removed as a option
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
i think i am going to take a print out and if a CM consistently refuses then i will leave it at that moment and later mention it to concierge

it does say across the top valid for guest arrivals 1/1 - 31/12. 2017 and locations can change without liability

but it does not mention that the plan itself could change

i would argue that they have changed the terms of the plan by removing this advertised option

i do hope it isn't removed as a option
On page 3 of the pdf under Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner it shows that the nonalcoholic beverage may be substituted for any item that is an eligible snack ☺
KCMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ValeSpark
Trying for More Ears

Thinking about breakfast in the resort, is it possible to have a carton of milk as the drink with a breakfast meal?

Trying to understand the QSDP as our first time with dining plan.

Typically for breakfast, DD would have cereal and Me or DW would have a breakfast waffle or similar. If we use a qs credit the waffle meal would come with a beverage. If we can get the milk as the beverage, this would save a snack credit...I think

I have no clue... : )

Is staying on Disney worth it... Yes
2015, Caribbean Beach Resort
2005, 2007, 2013 at Pop Century
1996 Kissimmee, 1998 I-Drive, 2000 LBV
ValeSpark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ValeSpark View Post
Thinking about breakfast in the resort, is it possible to have a carton of milk as the drink with a breakfast meal?

Trying to understand the QSDP as our first time with dining plan.

Typically for breakfast, DD would have cereal and Me or DW would have a breakfast waffle or similar. If we use a qs credit the waffle meal would come with a beverage. If we can get the milk as the beverage, this would save a snack credit...I think

I have no clue... : )
Yes you can. However, if you're using a snack credit for cereal, it comes with milk anyway. At the moment it still seems like resorts are letting you swap your drink for a snack credit, which means you should be able to get a waffle Neal plus cereal with milk for 1 qs credit. I know we could last year and will see what happens when we're there later this month as my DS like cereal and I like the yogurt parfait, which is also a snack credit. Last year 2 qs credits got us breakfast for 4 by swapping the drinks.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ValeSpark
Trying for More Ears

Thank you

Is staying on Disney worth it... Yes
2015, Caribbean Beach Resort
2005, 2007, 2013 at Pop Century
1996 Kissimmee, 1998 I-Drive, 2000 LBV
ValeSpark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We couldn't swap the dink at yack and yeti last week we didn't try anywhere else. We did swap WAS for 2 snacks on the last day.
I tried to swap the drink for the fried rice at YAY yesterday too and was told by the cast member that they had stopped it at that location but that
I would still be able to do it at some locations.

The other day a lady was being served infront of me at Por bakery counter and she was a little confused by what she could get as a qs credit on the plan and the cast member explained to her that she got 3 snack items for 1 quick service. I haven't tried to swap any qs credits for snacks though as we have loads of snack credits building up. We leave tomorrow and have 35 snacks left!
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I hope you can still sub drinks for a snack/side. My 2 boys only drink water so we use it for fruit/breakfast items for the next day. Plus it makes the refillable mugs pretty much a waste of time at resorts
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List