Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MistoElectra
Trying for More Ears

MistoElectra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Is this plausible?

Hey guys, so essentially I have a query.

Our hotel provides a free shuttle service to the parks, with Epcot being the drop off point for Disney. The final bus back from Epcot leaves at 10:30pm. With that in mind, would it be plausible to be able to see Fantasmic at 9:00pm, or Rivers of Light at 9:15pm and get back to Epcot in time? We're there from the 2nd-16th of June and are trying to plan a little. If it's possible then we should be able to do most of the fireworks, and still use the shuttle, if not, we'll have to reorganise a little and pick a few and then get a taxi.

Also note, that we won't be hiring a car as my dad is the only one who likes driving and he doesn't want to :P
MistoElectra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Although Fantasmic would finish and give you time I'm not sure how you would get to the front of EPCOT to get the shuttle. Not seen a bus to the front of EPCOT from HS-we usually go from there via the back gate near the Boardwalk and thst shuts at 9pm most nights. Hopefully someone else will know if there is a bus. I don't think you would manage it from AK. If there are buses they may stop running if the park you are heading too is officially closed- if that makes sense. For peace of mind might be worth booking a taxi!
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You could probably make it from fantasmic by catching the boat from Hollywood studios to Epcot. It drops you at international gateway so this relies on Epcot being open and you having a valid ticket to walk through Epcot. Alternatively you could walk to Epcot international gateway which is about 20/30 minutes.
I don't think you could get from animal kingdom to the front of Epcot as the buses take you to hotels not other parks. You could use Uber.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
You could probably make it from fantasmic by catching the boat from Hollywood studios to Epcot. It drops you at international gateway so this relies on Epcot being open and you having a valid ticket to walk through Epcot. Alternatively you could walk to Epcot international gateway which is about 20/30 minutes.
I don't think you could get from animal kingdom to the front of Epcot as the buses take you to hotels not other parks. You could use Uber.
Just realised you can get a bus from animal kingdom to Epcot so ignore that but saying that not sure whether it would run at the end of the day. I think I would try and go for an Uber.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Could you consider the 'internal' premium bus service?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Mobile

The timings are tight and I wouldn't want to be relying on buses between parks which may not even be running after park hours.

If you find you're having to use taxis to reach a resort shuttle bus in time it might be better to just get taxi/uber back to resort.
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MistoElectra
Trying for More Ears

MistoElectra's Reviews
Thanks for the responses guys. According to the Disney website, buses still run to a park for an hour after that park closes, but the timings would still be tight. We're considering taxis back to Epcot purely because it would be cheaper than a taxi back to our resort, but we're also looking into uber as well as possibly reorganising a tad.
MistoElectra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We were at Disney at Easter last year and found the transport brilliant. However, after fireworks buses were rammed. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to AoA one evening after Star Wars fireworks at HS. So to get to Epcot from HS by the time of your last shuttle would be really difficult based on our experience. I would suggest Uber
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MistoElectra View Post
Our hotel provides a free shuttle service to the parks, with Epcot being the drop off point for Disney. The final bus back from Epcot leaves at 10:30pm. With that in mind, would it be plausible to be able to see Fantasmic at 9:00pm, or Rivers of Light at 9:15pm and get back to Epcot in time? We're there from the 2nd-16th of June and are trying to plan a little. If it's possible then we should be able to do most of the fireworks, and still use the shuttle, if not, we'll have to reorganise a little and pick a few and then get a taxi.
We've stayed offsite and used shuttle buses multiple times before. And most of them do tend to drop off at, and pick up from, Epcot.

I can confirm that there are buses from HS and AK back to Epcot after the parks have closed.

Based on the times you've given, both Fantasmic and Rivers of Light will end around 9:30pm. That will give you an hour to get out of the park, get a bus, and get back to Epcot. I would say that's just enough time and you'll probably be alright - although don't dawdle. If the shows were any later then I would say no, it wasn't enough time.

Technically, an hour should be more than enough time. The problem is that there may be a large queue in front of you at the bus stop and you may not get onto the first bus back to Epcot, or even the second bus. Therefore there's a good chance you may have to wait 30+ minutes.

Anyway, worse case, you get to Epcot too late and you miss the bus. You then just have to get a taxi/uber from Epcot instead of getting it from HS or AK.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List