Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Apr 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Volcano Bay

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me decide on a cabana rental at Volcano Bay? Difficult to know just how noisy and busy it will feel pre-opening, but I also know they will quickly sell out for August. Not rang for a price yet but looking a single cabana for the 5 of us priced FROM $159 as opposed to a premium lounger at $29 each. (Would probably only book 2 and spend the rest on express passes) I know a lot of dibbers have booked already so what's your view/preference?

Am having to make difficult budget choices and not sure if onsite guests are allowed early access I know onsite were rumoured to get in one hour early and also know the usual express passes for hotel guests won't work at VB and you have to pay the extra $39.99 for unlimited rides.

I feel like if I booked everything on my wish list then I'd need a second mortgage! Views appreciated, thanks. Am only planning 1 day VB but I know it will be busy !
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

I had been thinking about this too.
Looking at your countdown, like me, you will probably be hitting Universal after the US schools have gone back so that is likely to be much quieter. Have a look on the Universal website to see what they are forecasting. Even then I think a midweek morning visit is likely to be quieter than the weekends.

Obviously though there will still be a lot of non-US visitors. I have been looking at both the Cabanas and the premium seating. I cannot imagine that they will let me rent 2 loungers yet have 5 people hovver around them - I suspect that it will have to be renting 5 loungers which takes me up in to cabana territory.

Somebody posted yesterday that they had booked one and it was top end (not $159!). The bit that is swinging it for me is the rumour that you will be able to manage and change / update your ride times from your cabana. That might make it worthwhile.

I am tempted to book it and see how the summer goes. If crowds are mahoosive then I can keep it if not as long as you cancel with 72 hours notice you can get a full refund.

Tbh - going in late August - bad weather / tropical storms are likely to be more of a put off closer to the time. But then it is somewhere to shelter from the rain
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Actually - just double checked the prices of express passes for the date I am interested. 5 tickets would be around $249. If the cabana is more or similar in price think that the EPs might be the way to go for us. Less lounging more riding.
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Where did you read that hotel guests express passes don't work at Volcano bay ?
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
Where did you read that hotel guests express passes don't work at Volcano bay ?
Unfortunately that info is correct. They don't work at Volcano Bay.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm following this thread with interest as this is something I am also considering.

We are a family of 4 and have a day in VB planned for our trip in September, whilst staying at RPR.

Not sure if it's worth it though might hold off to see the reviews as they filter in after opening date.
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Understand but would like to know where you read the information about no hotel express passes
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

From Attractions Unlimited.

Universal’s Volcano Bay Express Pass
Volcano Bay will be the first water park to rely on Virtual Lines, which will use the TapuTapu wristbands to alert you when it’s your turn on the rides. But with an optional Universal Express pass, guests can bypass the Virtual Line experience and ride Volcano Bay’s rides at their convenience. Volcano Bay Universal Express pass prices vary by the date, and can be purchased for one use per ride ($24.99 to $49.99 per person per day, plus tax), or as Universal Express Unlimited ($49.99 to $79.99 per person per day, plus tax). Note that Volcano Bay Express access is NOT included after 4 p.m. with Premier Annual Passes, NOR is it included with overnight stays at the Portofino Bay, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific hotels. Also, Express is not accepted at the headliner Krakatau Aqua Coaster attraction.
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bobafettbach
Getting Excited

Understand but would like to know where you read the information about no hotel express passes
I emailed a couple of weeks ago and posted here. Definitely no express pass for VB for hotel guests.

https://DIBB.in/12411151
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

It doesn't mention that VB is included in the hotel express passes on their site. Below is copied from the Royal Pacific Hotel, but the other deluxe hotels say the same same.

Skip The Regular Theme Park Lines

When you stay at select Loews Royal Pacific Resort, you'll receive a free* Universal Express Unlimited™ pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions in Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™. That's a value of up to $89 per person, per day^. Valid theme park admission required.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List