Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 24 Apr 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Park tickets

Good afternoon. I'm chief planner for our group of 10 who are flying out next May. We haven't been since 2013 and I'm shocked how much things have gone up.

Anyway this year for the first time the "kids" are all in their 20s and earning their own money so need to pay for their own tickets and I need to give them a ballpark figure of what they need to save (we have given until January to book tickets in plenty of time and hopefully a sale or an offer?!) Are the 2018 proves likely to change. We are doing discovery cove, sea world, aquatica, universal and if they want (adults don't) a day in Disney.we are also doing Kennedy space centre.

Does anyone have a rough idea how much they need? My estimations slightly under £500 but I want to try and make it as cheap as possible for them. Anyone know of any usual good deals that are done. I know last time we got our universal tickets it was 14 days for the price of 7 and was under £100 a head. This time it seems we are looking at more £250 (better park options maybe?)

Also can anyone give me and idea how much to say to them they need for food. Most are in couples. Breakfast will be at the villa (they won't need to contribute) but lunch and dinner out? We won't be in majorly expensive restaurants. Olive garden one night out back on night but rest chillies, ponderosa, Dennys type places.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger32 View Post
We are doing discovery cove, sea world, aquatica, universal and if they want (adults don't) a day in Disney.we are also doing Kennedy space centre.

Does anyone have a rough idea how much they need?
Discovery Cove : £200+ (gives you Seaworld and Aquatica included)
Universal : £260

£500 sound about right for this and KSC

if they want a Disney day, it might cost up to £100 for a 1 day ticket, depending on options, time of year, and exchange rate.

Also can anyone give me and idea how much to say to them they need for food. Most are in couples. Breakfast will be at the villa (they won't need to contribute) but lunch and dinner out? We won't be in majorly expensive restaurants. Olive garden one night out back on night but rest chillies, ponderosa, Dennys type places.
I'd say £60 per couple per day. (very ballpark)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

We are doing discovery cove, sea world, aquatica, universal and if they want (adults don't) a day in Disney.we are also doing Kennedy space centre.
orlandoattractions.com have some good prices for 2018 at the moment.

The Dicovery Cove Package which includes SeaWorld & Aquatica for May next year £197.60.

Or The Discovery Cove Ultimate Package, which includes the above plus Busch Gardens and free parking, £216, link below.

orlandoattractions/t...Discovery-Cove

They sell the Universal 3 Park Explorer ticket for 2018, £244. This gives you 14 days unlimited admission into Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay water park, link below.

orlandoattractions/t...-park-explorer

They also sell the Universal Base or Park to Park tickets, link below.

orlandoattractions/t...ldwide-Tickets

For Kennedy Space Center have a look at the companies in the yellow banner at the top of the page to compare prices.

All the above are just to give you some idea. I think the prices are about the cheapest at the moment, but I could be wrong.

Hope this helps.

Edited at 11:59 AM.
lyn1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

universal has gone silly price too recently, we're probably not going this year as theres nothing really new yet since the last trip (fallon and kong) you used to be able to get a 2 week, 2 park ticket for about £85. it was a no brainer. now youre looking at ~£230ish...

you probably want to book from somewhere that has a sale on.. places like floridatix do random "5% off days" so its probably worth signing up for a few mailing lists and then booking during one of these offer periods. also worth checking quidco/TCB. while these discounts only probably work out at a few quid per person per ticket, it soon adds up if youre buying 10!

as for spending money, we stay in a villa, and have never spent more than $150 a day between the two of us. usually closer to $100. this is for *all* shopping (excluding expensive things like trips to the apple store) and food/drink/petrol. this is cooking at least one meal per day in the villa (usually breakfast, but also the occasional steak and wine night too!), then eating one main meal elsewhere (not usually in the parks) and having one smallish snack. if you have a large breakfast, youll only really need a sandwich or something at lunch, then a proper meal in the evening. if you shave booze and a bunch of clothes bought at walmart off that, youre probably looking at ~$75-100/day on average

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone. Gives me a guideline for their savings. Last time I went we.were paying for 4 and everything seemed so much cheaper.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As above - £500 per person sounds about right without the day trip to Disney. Call it £600 with a day at Disney.

I know last time we got our universal tickets it was 14 days for the price of 7 and was under £100 a head. This time it seems we are looking at more £250 (better park options maybe?)
Universal have never done a "14 days for the price of 7". That's Disney.

And, btw, this does not mean the tickets are half price - the 7 day tickets are only around £10 to £20 less than the 14 day tickets.

Back in 2013 the price for a 14 day Universal ticket was indeed just under £100, and that was without any sort of offer. Prices went up a lot last year just after the time when the dollar rate plunged.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:17 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List