Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Apr 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Busch Gardens advice.

Wife and I going to Orlando in July, few days at Universal then a weeks cruise before five days in Clearwater so thinking of maybe a day at Busch Gardens. We are not big into roller coasters but the safari appeals to us as I love giraffes. Would a day trip to the park be worth it for us,is there enough else to fill our day( last there about 12 years ago) is the safari any good and any advice on the dining plan which appears good value if bought with the park tickets?
Any advice appreciated, thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Can't answer your question but you have to pay extra for the safari and it says it's only 30mins. We only recently found out ourselves and been weighing up the pros and cons.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrPenguin View Post
Can't answer your question but you have to pay extra for the safari and it says it's only 30mins. We only recently found out ourselves and been weighing up the pros and cons.
I know, we thought the park ticket at $89.99 plus the all day dining for another $15 seemed ok value and the safari is appealing for the giraffes but not too sure of the value of this at $39.
My wife is not overly fussed to go to Busch tbh but we aren't doing Disney only Universal.
Old 25 Apr 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

I have looked at the ones with a dining plan but it states it is for US Residents only. Is this still the case? Have others been able to buy this with no questions asked?
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by metal0121 View Post
I have looked at the ones with a dining plan but it states it is for US Residents only. Is this still the case? Have others been able to buy this with no questions asked?
I haven't noticed this where does it state that?

I've just looked and your right must have missed that on my mobile.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Old 25 Apr 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
metal0121
Trading Disney Pins

I think you can get the dining plan as additional for Uk residents through Orlando Attractions or Florida Tix (one of them! ) but works out a bit more expensive (I think it's about £30 extra pp on top of tickets.) I was wondering whether it's actually worth it for the amount of time spent in the park queuing/getting on rides vs eating to make the most of it.
metal0121 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

metal0121, I noticed the plan available on some of the ticket sites and as you say more expensive, we are not big eaters so wouldn't get any value from them at that sort of price.
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I too am interested in peoples opinions here as i wasn't planning on this park but it is included as a trio in my tickets!..Also like OP would also like advice on paying extra for safari?
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Zorrock
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

It's been a couple of years since we went to Florida but will be going again this year, Busch gardens is one of our favourite parks just for walking around and seeing the animals, got some really good pictures of them when we were walking around the park, done the safari thing last time we were there , it was good and got to touch and feed the giraffes. I would recommend it for something different to do at the park

Edited at 03:31 PM.
Zorrock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Zorrock View Post
It's been a couple of years since we went to Florida but will be going again this year, Busch gardens is one of our favourite parks just for walking around and seeing the animals, got some really good pictures of them when we were walking around the park, done the safari thing last time we were there , it was good and got to touch and feed the giraffes. I would recommend it for something different to do at the park

Sold!