Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 15, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinkly-tink View Post
Not to worry... worst case u have to queue (and was at least £150 cheaper than alamo brits!)
Keep trying.

I was expecting it not to work as there was no one who had done it with Auto Europe on here, but it was quite easy in the end.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkly-tink
VIP Dibber

twinkly-tink's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Keep trying.

I was expecting it not to work as there was no one who had done it with Auto Europe on here, but it was quite easy in the end.

I will! Thanks
Old 5 Oct 15, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

99plums when you put your name in did you have to put full name, as in including middle names? CT are telling me they need to update my name to my full name. Think they don't have a clue on it but will see if it works.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saund123 View Post
99plums when you put your name in did you have to put full name, as in including middle names? CT are telling me they need to update my name to my full name. Think they don't have a clue on it but will see if it works.
If CT give you the correct Alamo confirmation number it will be a good start! I only used the surname within the link I gave you in an earlier post. Their Alamo code is 10 numbers and whilst it may not be relevant to your booking it begins 110.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Thanks ChrisS I will ask them again.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Alison - I booked my brothers car a couple of weeks ago with Alamo Brits, he arrives 23rd October. Immediate following making the booking I followed the link to do OLCI and then bypass the counter, so as Mr T said, you can do it today too Try this link - alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html -

I'd have used Brits myself for our 2 day hire to drive from MCO to Pine Island, but all the suppliers except Budget seem to charge quite a bit extra (almost double) for a Cape Coral drop off/pick up vs Fort Myers airport... unfortunately Budget no longer have skip the counter availability for 'us foreigners' So, the desk it is.

Alison, have a smashing holiday - be good and don't do anything I wouldn't, some scope there girl
Thank you so much for the link, an I will certainly do my best to have a ball im going to have a go at the OLCI now fingers crossed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Just surname, first name and reservation number to log into your reservation.
My reservation number starts with 120 and is 10 digits in total.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Thanks ChrisS I will ask them again.
Any luck with Charter?

Managed to do 'skip the counter' again today for a colleague who'd booked and pre-paid the 'gold rate' with Alamo through Netflights.

He had a 10 digit number starting with 120. Had the word 'COUNT' on the end of the number but we ignored that.
Old 7 Oct 15, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks 99plums. I've just followed your instructions regards completing the "skip the counter" option and it worked perfectly. I also have prepaid and booked our Alamo car hire via NetFlights and was very dubious whether I could complete this time saving option being that I had used a 3rd Party. OLCI completed first of course!

I'm a bit confused regards the statement on my Skip The Counter Ticket " Exit terminal and cross the street to the garage to the reserved vehicle category and choose your vehicle". I would have thought you would need to find the Alamo kiosk first, show the attendant your car hire voucher, who would then direct you to your vehicle? How would you know which is your vehicle and where are the keys?

Edited at 03:31 PM. Reason: Add more text.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 15, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lesetacs View Post
Thanks 99plums. I've just followed your instructions regards completing the "skip the counter" option and it worked perfectly. I also have prepaid and booked our Alamo car hire via NetFlights and was very dubious whether I could complete this time saving option being that I had used a 3rd Party. OLCI completed first of course!
You're welcome.

Although I can't take all the credit, Yorkshire Dan's initial Alamo thread get the ball rolling.

Apparently the cars are in rows
defined by their group with the
keys inside. You just find your
row, pick which one you want, get in and drive it to the barrier where they check your paperwork and off you go!

Enjoy your trip!

Edited at 08:26 PM. Reason: add more text
Closed Thread