Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 15, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Question Full sized car ?

Our booking says we will be given a full size car over there. Does anyone have a list of what the size size cars are, or has anyone had a full sized car ? P.s won't find out what hire company we are going with until out there .
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It varies Company to Company. However a great starter is to look at the Sticky above, it shows codes, vehicle types etc etc. Excellent detail.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
think Mondeo that's about the size of most full size but if you look at the fleet of your hire company get what model it is then look at its spec you get can the capacity of the boot etc

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

The Impala is the one to pick as ranked NO1 in this category for loads of reasons after that all are much of a muchness,the Impala is the clear leader.
Old 6 Oct 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

I have booked a full size with Avis and when i booked, through BA, it said Ford Fusion or similar which is a new shape Ford Mondeo in this country. When i view my booking on Avis website it says Chevy Impala. Both look much the same size.
cra1gyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Go to the .com website of the car hire supplier you are using and click on 'cars'. It's usually worded 'Ford Fusion or similar' depending on the vehicles your supplier uses.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cra1gyp View Post
I have booked a full size with Avis and when i booked, through BA, it said Ford Fusion or similar which is a new shape Ford Mondeo in this country. When i view my booking on Avis website it says Chevy Impala. Both look much the same size.
Hi Craig My brother really has a thing about car type at Fort Myers. I too used the Ford Fusion example but having looked one over it appears a fair bit smaller than the Impala. I always liked the Impala, canny motor to drive, roomy with a nice big boot.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Having been overtaken by many Impala's - mind you everybody overtakes me, I have to say they look awesome.
We had one years ago and it was a lovely car, tons of room and a big boot.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Having been overtaken by many Impala's - mind you everybody overtakes me, I have to say they look awesome.
We had one years ago and it was a lovely car, tons of room and a big boot.
I always book the cheap as chips 2 door economy Mr T to drive from MCO to SW Fla afore handing it back to Budget... whilst I never end up with a cheap as chips car, a couple of years ago they gave me a brand new Impala, classy lad he was, rear camera, ran like a train... Budget then let themselves down by throwing an unpaid toll on my cc even tho the car was parked at Pine Island pool at the time of the offence... they were rather taken aback when I told them I was still in Fla as the lad said he assumed I'd returned to the UK (ah ha). I asked for photographic proof and offerred my receipt from the islands Winn Dixie proving I was nowhere near Orlando. Oddly they couldn't provide the photographic proof (imagine that!) and refunded as a 'gesture of goodwill'... say what? You shouldn't make a charge you can't prove in the first place mate?
Old 6 Oct 15, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread