Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 15, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alexmadsmum
Getting Excited

Alamo Brits, Prepay or pay on arrival

Hi all

I'm just about to cancel my original alamo brits booking as thanks to the information from all you wonderful dibbers I have found that I can now get the same car cheaper.

I had already done save time and online check in and believe I can still cancel with no fees.

My question is this, having checked numerous websites for my dates 21st October to 7th November Alamo Brits is still cheaper than elsewhere, however there is a difference between pay now or on arrival. Having checked through the sticky and other posts it looks like if I book pre-pay I may not be able to bypass the counter. Is this correct? I seem to be getting myself confused looking at previous threads.

Thanks in Advance
alexmadsmum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alexmadsmum View Post
Hi all

I'm just about to cancel my original alamo brits booking as thanks to the information from all you wonderful dibbers I have found that I can now get the same car cheaper.

I had already done save time and online check in and believe I can still cancel with no fees.

My question is this, having checked numerous websites for my dates 21st October to 7th November Alamo Brits is still cheaper than elsewhere, however there is a difference between pay now or on arrival. Having checked through the sticky and other posts it looks like if I book pre-pay I may not be able to bypass the counter. Is this correct? I
seem to be getting myself confused looking at previous threads.

Thanks in Advance
I'm sure you can still skip the counter, follow Yorkshire Dan's sticky.

Can I ask if you tried Auto Europe?

They were cheaper than Alamo Brits for my dates.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 15, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
alexmadsmum
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
I'm sure you can still skip the counter, follow Yorkshire Dan's sticky.

Can I ask if you tried Auto Europe?

They were cheaper than Alamo Brits for my dates.
No I haven't. Thanks for that I'll have a look. Need to make sure I get a new price before I cancel the original booking but currently £100 cheaper for standard suv 😀
alexmadsmum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
budgie6741
Imagineer

i have pre booked for the last 4 trips with alamo brits and have bypassed the counter on all of them. and have done it for my next trip in 3 weeks
California 2003/2008/2013
Chatham Park 2004/2005
Creekside 2006/2007/2008/2010/2011/2012/2013
Las Vegas 2009/2010/2013
Seasons 2009
Hawaii 2003/2013
budgie6741 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I prefer to prepay , know what I am going to pay , currency fluctuations can make it go up or down

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Always pay on arrival (well car return) I have lost count over the years of the number of times I have cancelled the booking a just re-booked the exact same for way less.

This year I had booked a 7 seat SUV for 12 nights using Alamo britts for £500, I found it for £250 the next time I looked for the exact same car and period.

For a few quid I may loose in currency fluctuations its a no-brainer to me!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Always pay on arrival (well car return) I have lost count over the years of the number of times I have cancelled the booking a just re-booked the exact same for way less.

This year I had booked a 7 seat SUV for 12 nights using Alamo britts for £500, I found it for £250 the next time I looked for the exact same car and period.

For a few quid I may loose in currency fluctuations its a no-brainer to me!
Hi that's a good price who did you rebook with?
Thanx William.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by W3LUM View Post
Hi that's a good price who did you rebook with?
Thanx William.
I used the Alamo trade site, I am in the industry if challenged but doubt I will be asked, I have straight to garage so I would image it will be the same as asking you for the Brits book!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread