Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 31 Mar 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Sure you'll be fine. TBH I never even gave my size a thought until that ride...and that was our third visit The trouble is the food over there is SO NICE...and there's SO much of it

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ClareG
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Not sure if anyone can help - the last couple of times I visited Universal I tried the test seats for Forbidden Journey and I was just off a green light, when I read of other people's experiences I see they offer larger seats on the ride - does anyone know if the test seats outside are the larger seats?
ClareG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ClareG View Post
Not sure if anyone can help - the last couple of times I visited Universal I tried the test seats for Forbidden Journey and I was just off a green light, when I read of other people's experiences I see they offer larger seats on the ride - does anyone know if the test seats outside are the larger seats?
Which one is Forbidden Journey ? If that is the one where you go through the bank to get to the ride then the test seat is NOT the larger seat. As you approach the ride you make sure you get a seat in either the back (or 3rd from back) row as they are the 'larger' seats.

If Forbidden Journey is the other HP ride then ... ignore me
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Which one is Forbidden Journey ? If that is the one where you go through the bank to get to the ride then the test seat is NOT the larger seat. As you approach the ride you make sure you get a seat in either the back (or 3rd from back) row as they are the 'larger' seats.

If Forbidden Journey is the other HP ride then ... ignore me
No it's the other ride near Hogwarts. The test seats are not the larger seats, you will need to sit on the outside seats
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We're here now and I rode all the rides at Disney apart from rock n roller coaster (too scared), no issue with any of them and I'm size 20/22 with most weight on my stomach. At universal I didn't want to ride the hulk or rip ride but I did fit the two Harry Potter rides. I was quite worried whether I would fit.
I didn't try the test seat as I'd read that they were the smaller seat somewhere but I was prepared I might not fit. On forbidden journey the staff
Member helped pull the restraint down as its quite awkward to pull down. He just explained he had to get three clicks, pushed it down and asked if I was comfortable for five minutes. He was very nice. I did find it was comfortable and there was room to spare.
I asked for the big seat in gringotts and that was fine too. That seat is very odd though as part of the restraint seemed to be on your knees as they tip you right forward at one point. You almost feel like your being pushed into a ball, difficult to explain.
I spent a lot of time worrying about this before the trip and found it really useful to read others experiences. Please feel free to message me if you want any further info.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for this. I'm 20-22. Previous trips I have been 18-20 and had no problem but haven't been to SeaWorld in nearly ten years and I remember feeling very tight in Kracken then. So I am a bit worried about this one. I think a combination of my weight and age, I am starting to loose my nerve. Glad your having a great time.

P.S. Rocking Rollercoaster is great. I do tide this one because its our sons favourite. Really cool.

Edited at 05:11 AM.
Mental Minnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
No it's the other ride near Hogwarts. The test seats are not the larger seats, you will need to sit on the outside seats
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I wish I knew that 2 years ago - kids and OH went on that ride 3 times over the week but I didn't I as I didn't fit the test seat. I didn't fit the other HP ride test seat either but on the last day decided to risk it and got on fine.

Something to bear in mind when we go back next Easter I suppose
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ladeh
slightly serious Dibber

I'm in Florida at the moment, I'm a size 22 and all Disney and universal are fine. Seaworld tester seats were very tight but shouldn't have been a problem. Busch gardens is where I'm having problems. I tried the test seat for SheiKra and couldn't get my bum in the seat, haven't tried the rest of the coasters as they look simaler sizes. Have managed all the other rides though and enjoying siting in the sun
ladeh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thought i'd share my experiences of rides when I went to Orlando last year for the first time. I'm 5'2 and size 22/24 😳. My husband is also a similar size to me.

We were able to go on nearly everything we wanted to apart from a small few.
I'll start first with the ones we couldn't go on-

Hulk (IOA) - We tried the test seats, but couldn't fit in the actual seat, it was too small.
Rip Ride (US) - We tried the larger test seat, it didn't come completely over our bodies but the CM said that's normal and we're to sit on the back row. But, when we got on the actual ride, the ride is constantly moving forward slowly so you have to get in your seat while it's moving. We had been sitting down for literally 2 seconds when 2 CM's started forcing the bars down around us, and we were only half in our seats so obviously it wasn't going to fit! The CM's told us to get out and try a different row, but I was very embarrassed at this point so we just left. Maybe we could have fit if they gave us a chance to sit properly, but who knows.
Forbidden Journey (IOA) - We both fit in the gringotts ride perfectly, but this ride was a bit eventful. Hubby fit in the test seat a bit cramped but the green light was fully on. I then tried, and although the light went green, I did have to pull it down quite a bit. A CM saw me, and then very loudly told me I was too big for the seat and not to ride. 😳.

The good news, there were plenty of rides we could fit on! We didn't try every ride in the parks, but these are the rides we tried and fit on-

MK - Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, 7DMT, Big Thunder Mountain, It's a small world, Jungle Cruise, Monsters Inc, POTC.

Epcot - Living with the Land, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Test Track.

HS - Movie Ride, RNR, Star Tours.

AK - Safari, Expedition Everest.

Universal Studios - HP Gringotts, Mummy, Simpsons ride.

IOA - Kong, Forbidden Journey (only hubby fit).

Sorry for the massively long post! I was so nervous about fitting on rides before we went, hopefully this list will calm others nerves. Apart from the few rides we couldn't fit on, all the others were absolutely fine! Especially Disney, they are very generous with their seats. We never had any problems in their parks. 😀Just the Universal parks. I'm sure we could have fit on the many other rides we didn't try, but if they didn't have test seats I was too nervous to try them.
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I tried the test seat at IOA for one of the water rides narrow log flume type. Needless to say I got stuck in it! I literally had to be pulled out by my friend and a very kind American gentleman who helped to pull me out. Never again will I go on rides like that, as a lady who has a 44 inch chest (hate it) and approx. 16 stone I would rather get soaked somewhere else.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List