Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We have had two visits to each of WDW and DLP. we went to DLP first, 7 years ago and returned this May. We love both parks and have very different experiences at each. Apart from a meet with Alice and the Hatter (which was excellent), we didn’t do any character meets at DLP. We found the paper FP system great and managed plenty of rides (in May half term which included a French National Holiday). This time we stayed at SL as I got a really good 2 nights free deal. Loved being able to walk to the parks so easily. Some fantastic rides, especially BTMR which is soooo much better than the WDW version. Don’t know if we were just lucky, but we only had positive interactions with CMs. I will also endorse what others have said about trying to speak French; even the most elementary, rusty schoolgirl efforts were appreciated.
Each to their own of course, but if I can get another good deal, I’ll definitely return. 😄
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We like DLP would like it more with good weather ( would've been better in Spain imo). We have been to Disneyland cali, and wdw and I think they all have something familiar but different x
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

7 times to DLP.
It's where we took our kids when they were younger.
In our opinion BTM and Pirates are better in DLP.
And we do spoil ourselves staying in the Newport Bay in Compass Club
No it's not WDW.
It hasn't had the investment in the pass.
We rarely meet a grumpy CM, but we do use our poor French, which breaks the ice.
Fast food service can be slower than table service!
People smoke wherever they want (but I've heard others say it's happening in WDW too)

It's still our home park and we have some amazing memories made there.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
missy E
Imagineer

missy E's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We went there in 1991 when it was still Euro Disney.

It was our first experience of Disney and I thought everything was brilliant.

I couldn't understand why my late stepmum kept on commenting that this & that wasn't that good & no where as good as Disney World.

2 years later on our honeymoon we got her point. DLP is a very poor comparison to DW.

DD20 agreed when she did DLP with the school after experiencing DW.

Once you have done DW you are spoilt and even though a good time is had DLP does not quite match up & you do see the faults, differences etc.

Think the secret is to not compare the two, but enjoy them as being a bit different.
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I’ve only been to DLP once and somethings I prefer - the dragon under the castle is pretty cool. What I didn’t like is the Attitude of so many of the cast members - not super friendly/smiley as they are in Florida. To be fair it was snowing when we went so perhaps they were cold and miserable but some of them were downright rude.

Edited at 09:14 AM.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
I don't understand people who say they dislike DLP as it doesn't match up to WDW. There's a good reason for that.

It's like going to London and expecting to see New York.

Still I'm not here to convince people who are adamant they don't want to go.

The fewer people who go, the more space and time we have for Hyperspace Mountain, Mickey and the Magician, Ratatouille, the best Big Thunder Mountain, cheaper Disney experience and so on. But as I say, I'm not here to convince anyone

Edited at 09:04 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by missy E View Post
Once you have done DW you are spoilt and even though a good time is had DLP does not quite match up & you do see the faults, differences etc
No, not true for me. First trip to WDW in 93, first trip to DLP 94.
Weather was similar, in fact it was hotter in Paris. Had a great time at both, but prefer DLP over the MK park.
I do love Epcot though 🤔
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I don't understand people who say they dislike DLP as it doesn't match up to WDW. There's a good reason for that.

It's like going to London and expecting to see New York.

Still I'm not here to convince people who are adamant they don't want to go.

The fewer people who go, the more space and time we have for Hyperspace Mountain, Mickey and the Magician, Ratatouille, the best Big Thunder Mountain, cheaper Disney experience and so on. But as I say, I'm not here to convince anyone
Hopefully it’ll just be our two families there next week then 😉 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Hopefully it’ll just be our two families there next week then 😉 😆
There will be 9 of us there next week as well, we love it and can't wait 😄
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
So I appreciate this is controversial but spent three days in Paris and came to DLP. As a family we were honestly not impressed by Disney studios. Disneyland we preferred it was very pretty and reminded me of Florida a lot. We went having no expectations and knew of course it would be different from WDW so it wasn’t that. I was actually so excited at getting the Disney buzz 90 mins flight away with no jet lag. Hated the fastpass system and didnt realise it was only a few rides which had it. Really didn’t hit the spot for us - we won’t be back - maybe it’s the kids age now (16 and 10) but they felt the same and much preferred the few days in Paris. We love WDW and were there in summer. I think my kids have outgrown it but I haven’t !
Never mind ! I can see the appeal though for younger kids, short flight from the uk
Completely agree.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List