Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile How many days at universal

We have not been to universal so planning to go next year and have got 14 day tickets. We are booked to stay offsite for 5 nights and then move on to Disney (we won’t then be venturing off Disney). I haven't booked the flights yet so depending on the prices of flights for different days I’m considering adding a couple of extra offsite nights so we can do longer in universal. We will currently have 4 1/2 days there and will be doing both parks plus volcano bay.
So is 41/2 days enough or would we benefit from an extra 2 days?
Ps. Going in August and I’m expecting it will still be quite busy around the 10th August and also hot and rainy so full days may not be do able.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

It depends...

You can do both the Universal Parks and Volcano Bay in 3 days (weather and crowds permitting)

However, the beauty of Universal is that a lot of the attractions are worth going on more than once. Volcano Bay is worth going to a few times as well.

In August you might want to consider a night at one of the onsite hotels with Express for 2 days of Express Pass. Then you can get even more done and not queue as much.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

With express passes both parks can be done in a long day if you wish. I would recommend 3 days which would include Volcano Bay
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

This will be our first time to Universal as well. We’ve booked to stay onsite at RPR (to have the express passes) for 2 nights, 3 days. We’re just doing Universal Studios & Island of Adventure so figure that’s more than enough time for us 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds about right.

We’ve got three days planned but we’re not doing Volcano Bay.

So one day Universal, one day IOA and then one day to do our favourites/what we didn’t wanna queue for the first time.

That’s the plan. In reality each day we’re at one of the parks we’ll be too tempted to park hop, and the Hogwarts Express makes that so easy. So we’ll still get everything done but it might get a bit jumbled
Old 26 Aug 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

It depends what you mean by 'done'. If you mean ride all the rides you want once, then yes, a day at each park is fine. But there is a lot to take in and enjoy, and you will probably want to do some things more than once. Also I suggest you give it some thought about how you want to experience the parks - do you want to spend all day there or would it be better to do half days or build in a bit of contingency time? You also have to take account of potential wait times, especially at a very hot, very busy time and without express passes (I assume).

It depends on who is in your party too and how much they will be able to manage in a day. Lots to think about!

Edited at 06:38 PM.
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by raven45678 View Post
It depends what you mean by 'done'. If you mean ride all the rides you want once, then yes, a day at each park is fine. But there is a lot to take in and enjoy, and you will probably want to do some things more than once. Also I suggest you give it some thought about how you want to experience the parks - do you want to spend all day there or would it be better to do half days or build in a bit of contingency time? You also have to take account of potential wait times, especially at a very hot, very busy time and without express passes (I assume).

It depends on who is in your party too and how much they will be able to manage in a day. Lots to think about!
Will be myself, a 10 year old and almost 8 year old.
We did just Disney last year so have an idea how tiring it is but obviously factoring in weather not sure we will be doing full days all depends.
Was thinking we would do a day in each park, the fourth day a bit of both and then the last day anything we have missed or want to repeat, we will leave mid afternoon to head to Disney.
But if I could add a couple extra days that would give us a bit more leeway to take it at a slower pace?
All dependent on flights I suppose.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

As others have said, you can more than likely see and experience all the rides and attractions at least once in the time you have, but, it is August, so very, very hot and humid. If you can spare another day or two, I would, especially as you won’t have Express passes. If either of your kids is a Potter fan, you can easily spend the best part of a day exploring all there is to see and do in the two areas.

We are massive Universal fans so want as long as possible there. First time we had 5 nights, the next time it was 7.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
As others have said, you can more than likely see and experience all the rides and attractions at least once in the time you have, but, it is August, so very, very hot and humid. If you can spare another day or two, I would, especially as you won’t have Express passes. If either of your kids is a Potter fan, you can easily spend the best part of a day exploring all there is to see and do in the two areas.

We are massive Universal fans so want as long as possible there. First time we had 5 nights, the next time it was 7.
I won’t know until I can book flights but I am considering adding a couple of extra nights.
My oldest loves Harry Potter!
I’m considering upgrading to annual passes and going again in 2021 just to do universal and maybe the seaworld parks but will wait and see.
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We're going the same time as you. We're doing a split stay- Disney/Villa/Cabana Bay. We plan on doing 2-3 days when we're staying at the villa and another 3 days when we're staying onsite. As it's off peak when we're staying at Cabana Bay, we figured express passes weren't necessary and we love the look of the resort. Plus we can walk to Volcano Bay!