Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 May 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LMAM
a Friend of the DIBB

Originally Posted by Meb View Post
😡😡 I paid our balance last week, knowing full well we will be cancelling but hoping they would change The 30 June date, flights still not been cancelled either so didn’t want to end up with one and not the other. At no point was I told I could hold off final payment and I rang 2 days before to ask if there were any changes 😡😡
Similar situation here, we paid our balance last weekend, no options to extend payment date or cancel without losing deposit as we were due to arrive start of July. I'll maybe wait a few days and phone up, still shows arrivals up to 30th June on their website and app.
LMAM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
GillyD
Very Serious Dibber

We have bookings with WDW at AKL from 12-26th Aug which included free dining plan and 14 day park tickets. Balance is due in approx 18 days time (10 weeks prior to arrival) - no news received from WDW to advise of 35 days prior to arrival amendment to balance due date. Our plan is to cancel - flights already cancelled but really dont want to lose deposits paid to date. I really dont think international travel to Florida will be possible by then when we are only just testing what can be relaxed with minimal effect to the number of cases and Disney will not be operating at full capacity so will probably not want overseas visitors when they have plenty of national visitors waiting for the reopening. Has anyone called WDW to enquire about the options available for August bookings - i'd move to next year but dont want to pay an amendment fee but preference would be to have our deposits refunded so that we can decide on when we feel it is safe to travel again. We will definitely go again but cant be sure it will be in 2021.
GillyD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cismwynn
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know what the latest date you can currently cancel with a full refund is?
POFQ - Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014, / OKW - Aug 2012 / Beach Club - Oct 2015, Jul 2017 / Dibb Villa - Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Dec 2009, Dec 2010, Oct 2011, Jul 2013, Jul 2014, Dec 2014, Jul 2015, Aug 2017
cismwynn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
We’re due to fly 1st July with BA, rang them in the week and they’ve delayed balance payment saying it’s bound to have been officially cancelled by then. I don’t want to cancel and risk affecting any claim for everything else we’ve paid out. Our flights still shown available to book but won’t go to next screen when you select flights, but it does for the following day when they have the LHR option rather than our LGW one. Fingers crossed they’ll sort it soon.
I'm Also flying with BA on 1st July. So far its still showing in 'my booking' I haven't contacted them, I was just sitting tight and hoping for a miracle. Hopefully I hear from them before balance is due.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
Thanks. At the moment when I do option 2 and then option 1 it says there are unforseen circumstances and they can't take call. Option 2 then 2 just cuts me off.

Thinking it must be the high call volume at the moment. Will keep trying throughout the weekend. I've also sent email with some questions as well.

Would prefer to move booking to next year as long as I can add free dining assuming they are going to do it at some point.
After 50 minutes got through to enquire about my 8th August booking. Summary

1 balance due 35 days before stay (4th July for me).
2 can transfer to next year and pay £50 if Free Dining comes up.
3 can request deposit back now.

Think I'll be going for 3 and booking for next year if the dining appears myself. Next problem is to sort out flights with Virgin. Can at least move them to next year with an open ticket (risky if they go bust) or, if there are still no direct international flights to MCO, then Virgin will have to reroute flights in which case I will request full refund. I'm hoping for the latter but can leave that a couple of weeks before the flights.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have just got off the phone to WDT UK told balance due in 35 days, but if I cancel I lose my deposit £50 per person. She wasn't happy when I said this is inconsistent with what others have been told and refunds given
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 04:50 PM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
I have just got off the phone to WDT UK told balance due in 35 days, but if I cancel I lose my deposit £50 per person. She wasn't happy when I said this is inconsistent with what others have been told and refunds given
When you queried that did she drop the £50 pp charge?

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kp789
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kp789 View Post
After 50 minutes got through to enquire about my 8th August booking. Summary

1 balance due 35 days before stay (4th July for me).
2 can transfer to next year and pay £50 if Free Dining comes up.
3 can request deposit back now.

Think I'll be going for 3 and booking for next year if the dining appears myself. Next problem is to sort out flights with Virgin. Can at least move them to next year with an open ticket (risky if they go bust) or, if there are still no direct international flights to MCO, then Virgin will have to reroute flights in which case I will request full refund. I'm hoping for the latter but can leave that a couple of weeks before the flights.
One last thing. Been back on phone and after 5 or 6 cast members I got through to the ticket department. They have refunded my 5 MNSSHP tickets so am well pleased with the service.
kp789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ICECUBEQUEEN
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
Think you had the same person as me She refused a refund, quoted t&cs and advised I would have to email Disney if I wished to cancel the booking she wasn't even willing to accept cancellation over the phone!

However, I have just called again, spoke to another advisor and she arranged cancellation and refund straightaway! Email received and money should be in my account in a couple of weeks.

P.s we were due to a arrive 4th July if that helps anyone

2010 DLP Santa Fe 2011 DLP Sequoia Lodge 2012 WDW All Stars Music & Royal Pacific Resort 2017 Sheraton Vistana Resort & Hard Rock Hotel 2019 DLP Newport Bay 2020 Currently in the planning stages!
ICECUBEQUEEN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ICECUBEQUEEN
Excited about Disney

Does anyone's email actually mention the refund amount? My just states zero for everything?

2010 DLP Santa Fe 2011 DLP Sequoia Lodge 2012 WDW All Stars Music & Royal Pacific Resort 2017 Sheraton Vistana Resort & Hard Rock Hotel 2019 DLP Newport Bay 2020 Currently in the planning stages!
ICECUBEQUEEN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List