Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Oct 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I always like the look of the poutine but it looks tiny in every pic I’ve seen.Is it more filling than it looks ? X
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I feel I’m a bit sad as I immediately thought mmm, hurricane muffins the minute I started to read today’s breakfast...even more sad as I started to shake my head when you said elephant ears and thought they need the cinnamon Mickey ears bun-I even smiled when I saw you had got one, I need to get a life! Shame the coffee was vile.
I’m still gutted we never got to try the poutine. I could just eat some of that pie, looks delicious 😋
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
I always like the look of the poutine but it looks tiny in every pic I’ve seen.Is it more filling than it looks ? X
It probably doesn't show in the picture but it's quite a big tub. It was plenty for us as we had a big lunch and lots of fizzy drinks!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I feel I’m a bit sad as I immediately thought mmm, hurricane muffins the minute I started to read today’s breakfast...even more sad as I started to shake my head when you said elephant ears and thought they need the cinnamon Mickey ears bun-I even smiled when I saw you had got one, I need to get a life! Shame the coffee was vile.
I’m still gutted we never got to try the poutine. I could just eat some of that pie, looks delicious 😋
You were right though - the cinnamon bun was fab!

You should make a special trip just for the poutine!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Just realised how greedy I sound 😳😳😳😳
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 3 - Be Our Guest, Tony’s & Les Halles

I'd really like to start by apologising to anyone expecting a review of The Wave breakfast. For the third trip we have been unsuccessful in our attempt to try this. We realised the day before that being in the park before opening is so much more pleasant that trying to get in with the crowds, particularly MK where we were headed this morning, so I did some browsing for an 8am Be Our Guest ADR. I managed to get one for 8am so booked it and cancelled The Wave. We will get there one of these days!

We arrived just at 8am and were maybe third in the queue to pay. We'd pre-ordered the day before to save some time queuing. It became apparent that the people at the front of the queue were having problems. A CM came to advise the one taking payments but kept disappearing despite the fact there was a large queue. The original CM started making notes and it was quite obvious there was an IT issue. Another CM eventually arrived and tried to help the woman in front (who was laughing with us that this was upsetting her very firm itinerary!) but they couldn't seem to process DDP credits. As we were charging to our room she thought she could help us but couldn't do that either. She was however able to take our credit card. At this point there were various aspects of MDE down. Anyway, this meant that we were some of the first into the restaurant and for the first time ever we were able to sit at the window and watch the snow. This is hard to capture on camera.

Lovely ceiling.

Marie ordered the Croque Madam.

She really likes this but is a big fan of the cheese toastie in general.

I had the Bacon & Egg Open Sandwich. I've had this before and enjoyed it.

Tray of pastries. Beware the brown muffin - it's not chocolate. I wasn't fooled this time!

I know this gets slated sometimes but we enjoy it and it gets you in prime position for the Fantasyland rides. It cost us $53.25 ($25 each then tax). It includes a drink which is unofficially unlimited as the cups sit at the drinks station. I've seen us have a coffee or tea and a soft drink on occasion. Had we been on DDP it would have been 2 QS credits.

Edit: I just wanted to add that previous visits to BoG breakfast we found the fruit to be pretty bad and didn’t eat it. This time it was fresh and tasty so I certainly ate all mine.

Mid-morning we were passing Aloha Isle and decided it was definitely not too early for Dole Whip. We got a Dole Whip Float each.
I got pineapple/vanilla swirl in pineapple juice as I find pineapple/pineapple too pineappley.

Marie got pineapple & pineapple float.

As we did last year we took them over to the seats near where Aladdin and Jasmine do their meet and greet. This is a great area with quite a few tables all in the shade.

These cost us $5.85 each so $11.70. Or would have been 2 snacks on DDP.

By lunchtime we were starting to consider if we wanted TS or QS food. We decided on TS and I checked the MDE app to see what was available. There were a few options but we decided on Tony's Town Square.

We were given ciabatta and olive oil.

Marie ordered ravioli. She was asked if she wanted chicken with it but she declined.

I had the chicken alfredo.

We had to have dessert as they do tiramisu here and Marie is obsessed with it. I suppose I could have said no...

I chose the cannoli. This was just ok. I think maybe I just don't like cannoli as this is the second time I've had it and thought it was just ok. I think I expect something different.

This was $71.34 plus tip. It would have been 2 TS credits on DDP.

We decided to pop to Epcot for dinner seeing as we were so close. Having had a big lunch we weren't that hungry so decided to pop into Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. We both enjoy Lobster Bisque and they have it on the menu here although it's Bisque de Homard in French. This seemed to cause an issue when we asked for it in English. I mean I know I was in "France" but I wasn't really! Anyway, turns out the CM was new and the other guy knew what we meant. We decided to have baguette with this. Now they do half a baguette for $1.95 or full one for $2.85 so we got a full one to split. This was really too big!

The lobster bisque was nice, if a little salty and good with the baguette. I ended up taking some of the baguette back to the room and eating it later. We got iced water to drink and added our squirty juice.
This cost $13.58 and would have been 3 snacks on DDP.

Marie had planned to get some fries from the To Go window which appeared to be closed. The window was closed and we saw someone go up to it, speak to the CM then leave. This happened a few times and we never actually got any food from it.

Total spends today were $149.87. It would have been 2 QS, 5 snacks (or 3 QS and 2 snacks) & 2 TS on DDP.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:34 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Just realised how greedy I sound 😳😳😳😳
Not at all . We wouldn't normally just have chips and gravy for tea but we'd had all that coke & ice cream!

Trip Report Index
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no, I am sad the wave went by the wayside, but you're right it's much nicer to be in the park while it's quiet than stuck in a restaurant.

The lobster bisque does look yummy!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 4 - Bellevue Lounge, Backlot Express & Trattoria al Forno

Today was to be a "lazy day". That means that I woke up at 5am but lay until 6 before getting up .
First breakfast was the last of the Walmart muffins. We really should have got 2 packs.

We were still in the resort when it was time for second breakfast so we popped to the Bellevue Lounge. This was just next to the lifts on the same floor as the lobby so really convenient. From 6am to 11am they offer a "continental breakfast" which we initially thought was a buffet then realised it was just some of the items from Boardwalk Bakery. In any case it suited us fine. They had a coffee machine where we were able to get a cappuccino/latte (to me they're the same) plus a selection of bagels, pastries and muffins. We both got a cappuccino/latte.

Marie got a cinnamon bun.

I got a bagel with cream cheese. There's a toaster at the side that you use yourself.

This cost us $16.26 and would have been 4 snacks on DDP (or we'd have used 2 snacks and refillable mug on "normal" coffee).

We were in DHS at lunchtime and boringly went to Backlot Express. I'm not a huge fan of DHS QS places and to be honest I just wanted a burger.

This was the quarterpounder. It was a nice burger but the bun was a bit dry.

Marie had the chilli cheese dog which comes with a tub of onions and cheese on the side. I stole the onions to jazz up my burger.

Marie got a fountain drink and I got iced water. She said she wanted "fanta or something" so I got her orange Fanta and then she said she had wanted Sprite . She drank the Fanta.
I also could have had Fanta as when I asked for iced water she gave me a small cup and said "it's self service". I was honest and took water.

This cost us $25.87 and would have been 2 QS on DDP.

Planned to eat in DS but after a few shops we couldn't decide so headed back to the resort. Again we couldn't decide and by this point in the trip our feet were too sore to contemplate the walk to Epcot. Unsurprisingly the To Go window was closed again and there was a large queue at the pizza window. I checked the MDE app and Trattoria al Forno had a few times available so we decided just to pop in. They weren't busy and happy to accept a walk up.

We were brought ciabatta and olive oil.

Marie got a Mai Tai.

I got lemonade which according to the receipt is pomegranate but I'm not convinced.

I fancied pizza but something a bit different so ordered the Oliveri which comes with prosciutto, asparagus, mushrooms and white truffle oil. I asked for no asparagus as it gives me severe heartburn. I also fancied salad with my pizza so asked for a side salad. Diego our server said of course and suggested the seasonal salad. It arrived as an appetiser but I ate it anyway. This came with peaches, serrano ham, pine nuts, mascarpone and vanilla vinaigrette.

The salad was really nice but I should have kept some of it to have with the pizza. The pizza was nice for a change but the truffle flavour was a bit too strong.

We were given cheese for sprinkling.

Marie had lasagne which she enjoyed.

This cost $66.29 and would have been 2 TS credits on DDP plus the $10 for salad. Of course I maybe could have subbed dessert for the salad.

We popped in to Boardwalk Bakery to get something for breakfast the next morning and I also got a Strawberry cupcake.

I ate half of this. It was nice but I didn't have room for the whole thing. Our breakfast and cake cost $14.78 and would have been 3 snacks on DDP (or 1 QS).

Total spends for today $123.20 or may have been 7 snacks, 2 QS and 2 TS credits.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:45 PM.
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no, I am sad the wave went by the wayside, but you're right it's much nicer to be in the park while it's quiet than stuck in a restaurant.

The lobster bisque does look yummy!
We really do need to try and fit it in but I think the way to go is pre-park opening breakfasts for beating the crowds!

Trip Report Index
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 5 - Food & Wine, Yak & Yet

The plan was for morning EMH at Epcot and we needed the alarm this morning.
Breakfast was the almond croissant (me) and cinnamon bun (Marie) we got the night before at the bakery.

For various reasons we didn't get round to second breakfast until close to 11am. We had planned on going to Sunshine Seasons however we were over the other side of Future World so decided to head into the Food & Wine Festival instead.

We started with Islands of the Caribbean and chose the Quesito which was a cream cheese filled pastry. We shared this and it was quite nice. It was $3.75.

Next was Thailand where we ordered the Chicken with peanut sauce. This was $5 and again we shared. While Marie was buying that I went to Mexico and got a Short Rib Tostado which we also shared. This was $6.50.

The chicken was nice. The tostado was hard to eat and even harder to share. It was ok but I wouldn't get it again.

Next was China where I got the Beijing Roasted Duck in hoisin sauce. Marie didn't get anything. This was $6.75.

This was tasty but had loads of sauce and was a bit messy.

Next we stopped at the Refreshment Post because I wanted a slushy. the choice was Coke or Minute Maid Lemonade which I assumed would be still but it was a bit fizzy despite being a slush.

This was $4.57. Marie got iced water and filled her water bottle. I realised that would have been enough for me but it was too late. I went and got one anyway to fill my bottle.

Our next stop was Morocco for some baklava. Last year we shared this but enjoyed it so much we got one each this year!

This cost us $8.

Marie then stopped at Ireland for a Guiness and Baileys shake for $10.50.

Our last stop was Canada for a Filet Mignon and cheddar cheese soup. Only Marie got the soup.

This was $21 but totally worth it!

In total F&W cost us $55.57 and would have been 9 snacks. I miss DDP .

We had an evening at AK planned with dinner booked at Yak & Yeti. Now I know what you're thinking - "why book Yak & Yeti when you have a Landry Card Lisa?". Well we tend to work better when we have plans (see previous evenings of indecision). In hindsight this was a mistake. We were tired and hot and had eaten a reasonable amount at lunchtime. Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing and at the time of arriving at Yak & Yeti we felt ok. So ok we ordered the Wok Fried Green Beans again.

I had the same Shanghai Lemonade I had the previous visit & Marie had a cocktail of some description.

It was during the green beans we realised we weren't that hungry and in fact Marie had a bit of an upset stomach. You can imagine her disappointment in ordering "the best burger she'd ever had" again but being unable to eat it. She had about two bites. But managed the cocktail.

I ordered the coconut shrimp. Don't ask me why. This is one of those dishes I think I like then I order it and realise I don't really but I continue to order it. DON'T LET ME ORDER THIS AGAIN. I also wasn't that hungry.

So this turned out to be a colossal waste of money somewhat helped by another $25 birthday reward but it still cost $47.13. I felt bad for our server as I think she thought she'd done something wrong. We just explained we were tired and had tried to do too much today. She offered to box it up but we declined having no way of reheating it.

Now, please don't judge us!

By the time we got back to Boardwalk around 20 minutes later we were thinking "ice cream". Of course Ample Hills is just down stairs from our room...

We both got a 2 scoop tub with different scoops. I got Butter Pecan Brittle and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.

Marie got Butter Pecan Brittle and Peppermint Pattie.

I have no explanation except the "it's a different stomach" argument. When we got back to the resort we just felt better.

This cost $12.76. It may have been 2 snacks on DDP but I couldn't swear to it.

Total spends today $115.46. It could have been 9 or 11 snacks and 2 TS credits.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:52 PM.