Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Help Us Go Back Next Year Please

Hello, we were lucky enough to have our road trip round Miami, keys, everglades and Clearwater this year. Due to DDs commitments with travelling and starting uni, I said this was a last big holiday with them, however, and it doesn't take much with the girls, they are persuading me to go back to Florida next year, this time they want to head back to the parks then a week on the coast.

This is hopefully where you guys come in, when is the best time to book flights, we love Virgin but would go with anyone else, we have never stayed on International Drive, always used a villa, which hotel would you recommend that is decent standard but a good price. We will use DFCH for the car, looking at a trip in June / July I would say at this point.

I think I would head back to Clearwater for the coast week, unless you can persuade me otherwise of somewhere as nice. Look forward to hearing all your tips and advice as ever guys.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just a bit of maths advice. If you are looking at a hotel anway then price up on property at Disney for that week without a car as well as off site hotels. You can use DME from the airport and Disney transport on property. You will get Magic Bands and FPP at 60 days. I think the free dining offer is also still available. It may work out as good a price to stay on site minus a hire car and park car parking and free dining for a week. It might not but worth doing the sums
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

I’m no expert on I-Drive but, I think a lot will depend on how many of you will be sharing a room and for how long? I-Drive has a number of suite based hotels that offer more room and some catering facilities. It might help you to look at the accommodation thread and search I-Drive and suite hotels to see what others have posted. I’m sure there is lots of good info on there.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Just a bit of maths advice. If you are looking at a hotel anway then price up on property at Disney for that week without a car as well as off site hotels. You can use DME from the airport and Disney transport on property. You will get Magic Bands and FPP at 60 days. I think the free dining offer is also still available. It may work out as good a price to stay on site minus a hire car and park car parking and free dining for a week. It might not but worth doing the sums
👍 Also when looking at hotels add resort fees to the cost. You’ll usually find them in the tiniest print. There are a few places popular on the Dibb, like the Clarion Inn, which don’t have fees.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I would look at Tui or Thomas cook flights
I would stay at Clarion Inn LBV with free shuttles mid way between Disney and universal but close enough to Uber allowing you to ditch the car.
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List