Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Mar 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Temperature - late March early April?

Hi to any regular March visitors!

We go in less than 2 weeks and we have been in mid March before - but years ago - and cannot for the life of me remember what the evenings were like

Will I need a light cardi thingie or hoody in the evenings? Or will it be warm enough not to pack any and rely on the hoody I will fly out in?

Thanks

Ooh and also mosquitoes. What is the score with these little darlings in March?

Thanks
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I'm hoping the weather holds for another 3 weeks. It is going down to a low of 17 overnight, but I would imagine still in low twenties until midnight. Should feel much warmer for us Brits experiencing 7 degrees.

Are you staying in a Villa? I ask because I'm flying in Hoody and Jeans, in case temp does dip while there and if I need to, will give them a wash in the Villa if needed.
Old 10 Mar 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi Northern Dave

Yes, staying in a villa for part of our trip, and thought of the same, give it a wash through. If I need to I can always buy another hoody out there Hehehe any excuse to shop!

8 days for you. 10 for me. Can't wait to get away from this rain and cold!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Basically, it should be lovely

Be more afraid of the air con in restaurants
Old 11 Mar 20, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post

It will be boiling hot. I have only ever used a cardigan in Florida during the last week of January, didn’t need anything in February.

April is my usual time to go and I am not expecting to require any kind of cover up. I will take a light cardigan with me but that will be for the few minutes between UK airport and car.

Edited at 04:34 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are here and I’m as we say in Scotland cold rife ie I don’t cast a clout till May is out and DH has been marshalling at the Arnold Palmer golf tournament over the weekend he had his official windcheeter on once at/that was early early in the morning the locals had hats gloves extra layers on even one of/the girls had his jacket and hers on
Me I’ve been in. 3/4 trousers T/Shirts and a very very light cardigan first thing or in AC
We are in a friends house an£ had to email her as she has it/set as freezing to me
Had a ge2 an£=I mean a few sprinkles of rain at sea world Monday
Today 80 this afternoon
Only thing we’ve remarked on is the wind and that/was all golf related
( I’ve seen a DH not been able to putt in a howling gale with driving rain ) so the wind light cardigan ie it bundles up to nothing in the park bag and=get on with;it and we. Have
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 05:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

It's champion on Bokeelia, hit 90 last Thur, now into the 80's and due to be very hot next week, likely hitting 90 again. Currently 12.30am, fans on and air con running to cool us down afore we sleep.

Lovely!
Old 11 Mar 20, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS
It’s flippin* hot here too in Orlando DH was roaste£at th API over the weekend
Yes about to get kicke£out the bed as I’ve got=th3 AC at 75 and the ceilings fans o; and he’s cold a big rebersalin our house honest
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies! Great to hear!

We are from Scotland too, Gryff, so I am probably going to melt!
Last few times we've been there have been mid summer though and that was just way too hot. So I'm hoping THIs trip will be lovely and warm but not too unpleasant!
Old 11 Mar 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I’m hoping it will be nice and hot! We always went in the school summer holidays which was great (apart from the rain but it never lasted long). Since leaving teaching and starting my own tutoring business I can go when I want; we went in October/November and now March/April. To be honest Oct/Nov was a little cool for me so I’m hoping it will be a bit warmer.