Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Where else in the US would you visit ?

Hi guys
So I have our big family trip for next year sorted but I'm planning a solo trip probably in December (I love Christmas 🎅&#127995

Bit back story ...
I follow a US financal guy called Dave Ramsey and his baby steps .. check him out if you haven't already and by following these steps I have paid all my debt off and my mortgage .. whoop ...
part of the Dave experience for a lot of Americans is going over to Nashville (to his company building) to do thier debt free scream and I can't wait to do mine .. I was planning on going early 2021 but with moving the big family trip it looks like I'll have to push it back a bit and with me loving Christmas .. perfect time.

Plan is to visit Nashville and also a stay at HRH to fit in some universal but I'm not sure what to do ?

I have loads of flying club miles so will be hoping to grab an upper class flight there and back .. I'm not sure though where to go ? Virgin don't fly direct to Nashville so was thinking of going somewhere then internal to Nashville then onto Orlando then back home.

Problem is I haven't a clue where to go 🤦🏻 We've done the west coast the last few years so don't really fancy there, NY was an option .. I've been a few times ages ago but I'm not sure for a solo trip (watched to many law & orders lol) ?

Do you guys have any recommendations ?

It's going to be a solo trip as the boys have said they don't want to come to see Dave and they'll be at uni in any way .. plus I like to just sit back and take stuff in so I don't think I will mind solo

So guys how would you do it ? I can take however long off work and the boys will be 19 by then so should be ok by themselves 🤔

Thanks xxx
Old 25 May 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Apart from Florida my go to place in the US is Boston - I love it there - it has such a good "feel" to it. Have a fab time wherever you decide to go x
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd love to visit Yosemite, New Orleans, North Carolina, Washington state, Oregon and utah
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I spent a day alone in nyc years back and loved it
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Don't know but I am a sunseeker so North East early in Jan Feb, no thanks. I'd stay south.

Why not add in a flight to the Keys get some sun. Or a 3-4 day cruise out of Orlando.

Cruising is great for solo travelers as it's easy to meet people.

Old 25 May 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Hawaii

Disney332
Old 25 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

There are so many fantastic places here. Really depends on your interests. One of my favorite places is the desert southwest. If you’ve never seen the Grand Canyon I would highly encourage you to do so.

Edited at 09:38 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
There are so many fantastic places here. Really depends on your interests. One of my favorite places is the desert southwest. If you’ve never seen the Grand Canyon I would highly encourage you to so.
And if you're in this area, the canyon de chelly is incredible
Old 25 May 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would love to go to San Francisco but I know I’ll never get

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We done a road trip last xmas and grand canyon and sedona was lovely 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List