Old 20 Aug 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Good start to your trip report boothie!
The kids are going to be gobsmacked when you tell them!

We will need another hot tub planning party! 😁

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_Mack View Post
Ahh Lisa, you are another Dibber I've been stalking...in a nice way.
They will be super excited, can't wait to reveal it to them.

Nice nice to hear, I want it to be nice and not so busy so looks like I have picked a good time.

I'm not bothered which hotel we stay at Universal, they all look amazing! Can't wait.

Not too long for your trip either? It's going to be magical! xx
Oh I am most flattered! I was super excited when Rach mentioned you had done a PTR, after seeing many photos of you on IG and FB it will be lovely to follow your trip

We have just got back from DLP (which was fab!) and since being home we have booked a villa for Orlando next year... the countdown begins again!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Updated Pre Trip Report - 17th April 2019

I’ve been pretty rubbish with the updates but I’ve put that down to being a newbie and not having a single clue what to do…but my good friend Rachael (Redrach1903) came to the rescue and gave me step by step instructions. 😊 I won’t bore you with all the deets but I’ll tell you where we are currently at.

Since booking a little over a year ago, we are currently sitting at 24 days…24 days – can you believe it, it’s flown by. I just really hope that our trip doesn’t fly by as quick.

So….I’m packed – let’s go! 😊 I’ve packed Sophie’s case too and she’s also good to go, she has the most clothes, just your typical girl but I have (reluctantly) scaled back as I’m hoping to have a bit of a spree when I’m there as I hardly ever buy myself anything anymore, the joys of kids! Still to pack for Cameron but he has everything too, so I’ve just to take it all out the case to put it all back in the case! Ha!

I paid off our Universal Tickets a good while ago and within 5 days they were here, how’s that for service? I was a bit disappointed with the flimsy bits of paper though, for the price we paid, I was expecting them to be a bit more appealing, maybe a little bit of lamination…?

At our 180 day mark which seems an age ago, I booked the following :

12th May - BoG Breakfast – 8.10am (since booking, they’ve put on an Extra Magic Event) – Gone are the chances of getting on 7DMT straight after…sigh!
13th May – Tusker House Breakfast (Lunch too maybe) – 10.50am – I bought this as a gift for the kids and my Mum’s Christmas – they can’t wait.
17th May – BoG Lunch – 11.35am – looking forward to this.

These are the only ADR’s I’ve booked. I have a list as long as my arm for all the food that we want to try when there. I’ve also made a mental note to wear the bikini at the start of the holiday as there’s no way that will be going on after day 3 or 4?

I was meant to ‘diet’ and hit the gym but I had an accident at netball where I hurt my ankle, I said I was lucky there was no break but unfortunately it turns out I have a small tear in my ligament on my right ankle – so I think a break would’ve healed so much better; we are currently on week 8 and there’s still stretching and pulling going on. I can rest when I’m home!

For anyone who read my initial report, I was surprising the kids with this trip for their birthday and wow, it was just amazing. Their reaction was everything and more and I had to stop recording as Sophie was crying which made me start to cry and Cameron was just Cameron, I don’t think he had registered that we were going to Florida! It makes all the hard work and forgoing things worth it even more. They sat down and kept asking, are we actually going to Disney in America over and over again – amazing! 😊

There is still one secret I have kept from them, they still don’t know my Mum is coming, they will find that out when we are at the train station. Eeeek! Train tickets were a steal too, got a great price and the kids were £1 each return.

Fast Pass Day was 12th March and my God, how stressed was I on the run up to that? I had everything looked out, laptop was fully charged, one of the kids iPads looked out and my iPhone; just in case one of them decided not to play ball. A couple of notepads, 10 pencils and a rubber…why?! I must’ve been really lucky though as it was a breeze! Got everything I wanted and no massive intervals in-between either. Even managed to get FoP a whopping four times!

I purchased a Revolut card, I normally only holiday for a week at a time and AI so taking smaller amounts of money didn’t faze me, this is my first two week holiday in about 15+ years I think and the kids first two week holiday with me so there’s going to be a lot of cash so I decided a Revolut card may be a safer (sensible) way to spend out hard earned cash.

Anyway, I’m hoping that this is what an update is meant to look like, if not, I apologise as I am fully aware that I have just actually bored you with all the deets! Sorry but I am just far too excited!

I am still planning on doing a TR and hopefully a much easier and nice read for anyone who will be reading along.

Thank you for reading this far! 😊
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

What an amazing feeling to have just over 3 weeks left! Have a fantastic time 😁
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well done for managing the link

Very exciting update! I can’t believe how quickly this has come around and I can’t wait to hear every detail! xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Eeeek it's coming around so quickly! And well done on posting an update, loved it!

Ah I bet telling the kids was just the most magical moment, a priceless memory that will last a lifetime! And so wonderful there is still another surprise still left in the bag... how excited they will be when they see your Mum at the train station!

Please flood us with photos on IG whilst you are there, we want to see everything!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Great update! Hope you have a fantastic time.
When I was little my Mum and Grama surprised my brother and me. Mum said I just sat there shocked - staring into space with my mouth open- for a couple of minutes, whilst my brother did the whole jumping up and down thing!
How special to be able to do that, and do sweet their reactions!
Have a fab time, can’t wait to read all about it!
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List