Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Sep 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just wondering why do so many prefer a higher floor? Surely this means waiting for a lift or climbing steps after a long day in the parks.

We had a ground floor at AoA on our last visit and found this easy to get in and out of each day. We are staying at POFQ soon and haven't put in a room request yet so just wondered why higher floors are so popular.

I was thinking of asking for block 4 as it is close to food court and bus stop but is it far to walk to the pool from there?
I think it's so you don't have anyone above you with potential noise through the ceiling.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just wondering why do so many prefer a higher floor? Surely this means waiting for a lift or climbing steps after a long day in the parks.

We had a ground floor at AoA on our last visit and found this easy to get in and out of each day. We are staying at POFQ soon and haven't put in a room request yet so just wondered why higher floors are so popular.

I was thinking of asking for block 4 as it is close to food court and bus stop but is it far to walk to the pool from there?
I’m requesting upper floor mainly because the new floors are solid and don’t want foot fall noise above me.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
We stopped in 4313, block 4 3rd floor. We only booked standard room so checked Touring Plans room finder and put in request. This room while facing car park was over a square of garden and trees hid the view to car park. Great for bus and food court. Could get to food court easily if rained and bus stop was great after long day at park. Would always recommend high floor.
I've put in a request for the same room when I go next week! And I've done it with Touring Plans. I think their room finder is great.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I prefer an upper floor so there is less noise from above and people walking past. I never waited more than a few moments for a lift. A lot of people with pushchairs or mobility issues prefer ground floor though, it’s a pretty even mix on the POFQ group as to which is preferred.
Everything is really close and 2 min walk max to the pool from there.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I hadn't considered there may be noise above. Maybe we were lucky at AoA as we didn't notice it.

I do like the idea of it being a small resort with everything within close walking distance.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I've put in a request for the same room when I go next week! And I've done it with Touring Plans. I think their room finder is great.
I'd definitely use Touring Plans again. We asked for 4314 and got the room next to it. Very happy.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FSnug
Very Serious Dibber

Just returned. We always request building 4 ground floor as DH has mobility issues and it is very close to bus stop and food court. We love POFQ - just had our sixth stay, five in building 4 of which four were ground floor. We never noticed issues with footfall from room above. The double aspect room on the corner next to us was only occupied for half the time we were there.
... maybe one day?
FSnug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I hadn't considered there may be noise above. Maybe we were lucky at AoA as we didn't notice it.

I do like the idea of it being a small resort with everything within close walking distance.
I haven’t seen many people complain about noise at POFQ so I don’t think it’s actually a problem. I just always request top floor wherever I stay after having what sounded like a herd of elephants above me when away a few years ago!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List