Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Apr 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Food and Drink

There will be 5 locations that serve food and dink in Disney's new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida and Disneyland in California.

Oga's Cantina, Docking Bay 7 & Cargo, Ronto Roasters, Kat Saka's Kettle and Milk Stand. These will serving up galactic treats for guests exploring Star Wars Galaxy Edge. Their menu items will each have a unique Star Wars themed name and also take on an appearance of something from a galaxy far far beyond.

Oga's Cantina
You will be ready to recharge your batteries after your long interstellar journey to the planet of Batuu and the Black Spire Outpost and the best way to do that is to make your first port of call to Oga's Cantina where you'll be able to order an out of this world drink such as an alcoholic cocktail such as a 'Yub Nub' (Rum Punch) or an 'Outer Rim' (Margarita) or maybe a 'Bespin Fizz' (Cosmopolitan) or even a 'Bloody Rancor' (Bloody Mary).

Non alcoholic drinks and cocktails will also be available such as a 'Jabba Juice', 'Black Spire Brew' or try a 'Carbon Freeze'. Also available will be the 'Blue Bantha Milk and Cookies'.

Not in to cocktails then how about a beer a 'Bad Motivator' or even a nice glass of 'Imperial Red' and for the Cider lovers you can order a 'Spice Runner Cider'.

Docking Bay 7 & Cargo
Need to refuel? then stop off at Docking Bay 7 & Cargo, located directly across from the docked Millennium Falcon, the biggest restaurant in the Black Spire Outpost, this is a quick service restaurant serving an interesting menu of intergalactic food with bold and spicy flavours.

In a hangar, guests will be seated on crates and barrels inside shipping containers that are full of surprises and special effects. Above their heads guests will see a cargo pod being lowered in to the hangar from a docked food freighter.

Food is ordered and served from Cargo pods, each will have a different theme with their own unique vendor selling their own variety of Galactic food and beverages.

Menu items include:
  • Smoked Kaadu Ribs (spicy and sweet pork ribs)
  • Oven Roasted Burra Fish (dijon crusted mahi mahi)
  • Fried Endorian Tip-Yip (fried chicken tenders)
  • Yobshrimp Noodle Salad (shrimp with arrowroot noodles)
  • Felucian Garden Spread (plant based meatballs with herb hummus)

Ronto Roasters
This eatery location will have a menu of sweet and spicy representing the light and dark sides of the force.
Turkey jerky and spit roasted sausages roasted over a modified Pod-racing engine will have you salivating from the aroma even before you enter.

Turkey jerky will come in sweet teriyaki or spicy herb, which side of the force will you take?

Ronto Wrap, a sandwich spicy with Portuguese-style sausage and sliced roast pork with a Szechuan peppercorn clutch sauce.

Kat Saka’s Kettle
Fancy some out of this world Galactic popcorn then this is the place for you.
Colourful popcorn mix will have a combination of sweet, salty, savoury and spicy flavours.

Milk Stand
The Milk Stand which is a walk up counter located in an outdoor courtyard will offer non-dairy, plant-based milk in two flavours.
  • Blue Milk which has berry and melon flavours
  • Green Milk which has tropical and citrus flavours

all images ©Disney
Old 8 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Non-dairy plant-based colored milk... hard pass.

I get the whole blue milk Star Wars connection... maybe this will be a hit with the 'photograph everything I ingest' crowd...but still hard pass. The green one looks like anti-freeze.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
thingy003
Getting Excited

Yes I will need to get one of everything.
And yes I will need to photograph it all and send back to my friends on planet Earth.
thingy003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m starting to find the theming of some of the areas confusing when it comes to food. I don’t know Star Wars or avatar and so I don’t know if things are made up or real. Burra fish? Kaadu ribs? Granted I’ve been vegetarian all of my life and so I don’t know actual meat or fish names but I wouldn’t know what I was ordering.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Baymax31
I want to go now!

The blue & green milk 🤢 But all the food looks great! Can't wait to try it all next year
Baymax31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Looks amazing!

I don't see the problem with milk. It'll probably be sweetened almond milk, or rice milk, with flavouring and colour added. Nothing to worry about.

The food has themed names, but it has in brackets what it actually is, so shouldn't be any confusion.

Am soooo looking forward to trying all of this next year!
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This is the flavour of the Milk

Blue Milk
Coconut and Rice Milks with flavors of Dragon Fruit, Pineapple, Lime, and Watermelon

Green Milk
Coconut and Rice Milks with flavors of Mandarin Orange, Passion Fruit, Grapefruit, and Orange Blossom

Oh! and they are served Frozen and cost $7.99 each
Old 30 May 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The green milk frozen sounds the nicest , have you had one yet ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney Food Blog were unimpressed with the food offerings at Galaxy Edge, didnt think much of the milk, limited kids choice in the quick service restaurant.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List