Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Sep 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

check out times with Universal express passes

hi everyone

we're staying at RPR for the first time this year for one night, just wondering how it works on check out as I know the passes are now on the room keys and you can use the passes for the 2 full days. When we check out in the morning of our second day do we just keep our room keys/express pass with us and then drop them off when we've finished in the parks? Also, is there a time limit on when we need to return for our bags and to take the passes back?

thank you!
Old 1 Sep 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

You keep the keys. They work until closing time on your park check out day.

You don't need to return them, keep them as a souvenir. You can get your bags whenever you like as you would at any hotel.

RPR - fabulous hotel. Get there early and stay late next day. If you are going to Volcano Bay use the early opening, much more valuable than early opening at the parks when you have Express
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
You keep the keys. They work until closing time on your park check out day.

You don't need to return them, keep them as a souvenir. You can get your bags whenever you like as you would at any hotel.

RPR - fabulous hotel. Get there early and stay late next day. If you are going to Volcano Bay use the early opening, much more valuable than early opening at the parks when you have Express
that's great thanks so much for the info! we are planning to get there early and are doing HHN on the night with a late finish. depending on weather might do VB the next morning, I like to sunbathe at water parks so need some decent sun can you keep going back to the concierge to add stuff to your bags eg if we went to VB then dropped our swimming stuff off before heading into the parks?

Really looking forward to RPR it looks a lovey hotel!
Old 1 Sep 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

You can arrange automatic checkout so no need to go to the desk.
Old 1 Sep 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

You can keep going back to the luggage area - they are nice people .

RPR is wonderful - we went once for a night and have been back four times since
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

One other thing - if going to Volcano Bay (you really should it is fabulous especially at early opening) take towels from the hotel. Concierge will give you some and it saves renting some or using your own and getting them wet.
Old 1 Sep 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidayfanatic
Gone all Goofy

Is early opening for volcano bay part of the deal at this hotel? It’s just I haven’t read anything that specifically says this for this particular hotel - I thought it was a perk of cabana bay but not with the express passes at RPR. I will be very pleased if I have concluded wrongly, which Im now thinking I probably have?
Holidayfanatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holidayfanatic View Post
Is early opening for volcano bay part of the deal at this hotel? It’s just I haven’t read anything that specifically says this for this particular hotel - I thought it was a perk of cabana bay but not with the express passes at RPR. I will be very pleased if I have concluded wrongly, which Im now thinking I probably have?
we stayed at RPR in July & were in Volcano Bay at 7.30am! got nearly every ride done before the official 9am opening.
Old 1 Sep 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidayfanatic
Gone all Goofy

Fantastic in that case! Thanks
Holidayfanatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Just back from RPR and VB was open from 8am, which we took advantage of.

We bought photo pass from Universal before we went which was only supposed to be for the 2 parks but weirdly included VB when we got there. It takes automatic ride photos so when you tap your TapuTapu in (for every ride you take) it will say smile for the photo if there is one.

RPR is stunningly beautiful, loved the whole thing. We went to the parks returned for 12 when we checked out (late and agreed with hotel) put luggage into luggage services. We had access to club level until 3pm on check too ! Bonus.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List