Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jun 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Good to see they managed the crowds.

Although, I guess, not so great for all those guests who couldn’t secure a reservation. It’ll be interesting to see what the crowds are like at the end of June (although, by then, the initial hype and reporting will be over).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
(although, by then, the initial hype and reporting will be over).
And some annual pass blackout dates start at end of June too.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Looks fantastic.how did they make you leave at the end of the 4 hours ?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Mobile

They didn’t really chuck you out after 4 hours but you couldn’t do the ride again after.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That's very impressive for opening day, I was assuming it would be completely packed and you'd be unable to move or really enjoy the experience.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Glad that the crowds were managed well. I hope it's still not too busy when we visit in August and they keep the crowds low. Looks amazing!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would love it if this was so successful that they decided to do it for DHS. I would much prefer to do it with manageable crowd levels even if it meant I only got to see it once.
I don't understand why Disney have opted to make opening at Hollywood Studios a free for all.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I don't understand why Disney have opted to make opening at Hollywood Studios a free for all.
It's possible Disney may change their minds between now and the end of August and implement something like at Disneyland.

However, I think Disney thinks that opening GE in California first will reduce the initial hype in August in Florida - the whole land is a copy of the one at Disneyland and therefore the initial buzz will be less. Plus, I think they believe the 3 other parks and 2 waterparks will help manage the crowds - that's why they've added Extra Extra Magic Hours at MK and AK as well as at HS in order to soak up some crowds.

Or maybe they think that if they implemented a (sort of) "fastpass" system to get into GE at WDW then there will be lots of complaints from people who are unable to book a place? Disneyworld Resort gets a lot more visitors than Disneyland Resort and I assume they would limit the number of guests the same. That means more people unable to book.

But, I agree, it does seem strange.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

i think they may introduce a booking system simlar to the one they have annouced for Anaheim from the end of this month, eg once in the park you can book a 4 hour slot, but not before. Hotel guests are getting early access.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
They should be congratulated for doing this and I hope they do introduce this to WDW, perhaps linked to public holidays to ensure a fair system for all.

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List