Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Yaucht or Beach club ?

Hi Guys
at present we have 2 rooms at beach club booked for us and my parents. I have just noticed that yaucht club has become available .. do you think this one would be a better option ?
Whats the pros and cons for each ?

couple of things .. my mum has had a stroke so will be using a scooter, I want something to wow them as after 15 years she has finally said yes to flying and hence coming with us, also a gym for me as I like to try to keep ontop whilst out there
we will be using bus transportation also if this makes a difference

Thanks
Lisa
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Yacht all rooms have balconies, Beach not all do.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at beach club last year and really liked it. BC is closer to Epcot but just few minutes walk further from YC. As above you are guaranteed a balcony at YC whereas you are not at BC.
The buses pick up and drop of at YC first so more likely to be standing room only if getting on at BC from what I have read (we didn’t use the buses last year). Having said that you can walk a few minutes and get on/off at YC if that’s an issue. Most facilities are shared and I believe the gym is pretty much in the middle.
I think it’s a coin toss really.
We initially booked BC for next year and then switched to YC once it became available mainly for the guaranteed balcony/terrace.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We stayed at BC in 2017 and giving YC a try in 2020.
Agree with above posts re balconies, distance to Epcot and order of bus pick ups. When deciding between the two for 2020 I noticed that the YC rooms have been refurbished so they have wooden floors rather than carpets, beds you can store your cases under and shower cubicle in the bathroom rather than a shower over the bath. Might be things you want to consider...

Also I believe YC is one of the dog friendly resorts whereas BC isn’t. This doesn’t really bother us but is a consideration for some people.
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Both resorts have disability friendly rooms with walk in /roll in bathroom areas which you can request although for best outcome it’s probably best to talk to a CM about it. There are plenty of lifts in both resorts too. We’ve seen plenty of families using the ECVs in both resorts without problems

Edited at 05:18 PM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post

I would happily stay at the Beach Club, but we chose the Yacht Club as we are an adult party and after visiting both in the past, it has a more grown up ambience in the public areas that we knew would suit us better.

We knew we would get a balcony but it wasn’t part of our decision making process as we did think we would use it, although it turns out I used it most mornings. We appreciated that the buses picked up at the Yacht Club first, although it too wasn’t something we knew in advance so also wasn’t part of the decision making.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed at the Yacht Club in Oct 2017 for 19 nights. We loved it! After exploring both hotels (which are joined) I much preferred the Yacht Club. The lobby area is not as busy and has a far more relaxed and elegant vibe.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd stay at BC as it's easier to spell! If you know the Disney Tourist Blog, they rate the Beach Club as the best Crescent Lake hotel. Their objective guide is probably worth more than people defending their choice, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either.
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I'd stay at BC as it's easier to spell! If you know the Disney Tourist Blog, they rate the Beach Club as the best Crescent Lake hotel. Their objective guide is probably worth more than people defending their choice, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either.
I am sure dibbers are perfectly capable of making rational choices. . The views on that blog seem no more or less objective / subjective than anyone else’s views I have ever read.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am considering upgrading; I asked for BC but not available
on my dates; they offered me YC. Are there any rooms that have not had dogs in them?
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List