Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

14 nights at Disney or 4 nights Uni and 10 nights Disney?

Hi
Another dilemma

There are going to be 6 of us going in 2 rooms.

I had originally planned on doing 4 nights at Universal Endless summer resort in a suite, then going to Disney for 10 nights, 2 rooms CSR with upgrade to the full dining.

We won't have a car as I don't drive

Would it be better to just stay at Disney for the 14 nights with the free dining, and get an Uber to Universal for some of the days we want to spend there, 2 possibly 3 days. Then we can get the Magical Express both ways from the airport?

Or stick to original plan of uber to Universal for 4 nights then uber to disney for the 10 nights, magical express back to airport?

Previously done Disney and Cabana bay, but DH and I separated last year, so next year I want to take the children on my own ( plus my son's GF ) so need to keep it simple as possible ideally.

Any thoughts? pros and cons, obvs pros being not having to change rooms / resorts , cons maybe managing the dining plan slightly differently on the days we would be at Universal, and not having the early entry?

thanks

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
Hi
Another dilemma

There are going to be 6 of us going in 2 rooms.

I had originally planned on doing 4 nights at Universal Endless summer resort in a suite, then going to Disney for 10 nights, 2 rooms CSR with upgrade to the full dining.

We won't have a car as I don't drive

Would it be better to just stay at Disney for the 14 nights with the free dining, and get an Uber to Universal for some of the days we want to spend there, 2 possibly 3 days. Then we can get the Magical Express both ways from the airport?

Or stick to original plan of uber to Universal for 4 nights then uber to disney for the 10 nights, magical express back to airport?

Previously done Disney and Cabana bay, but DH and I separated last year, so next year I want to take the children on my own ( plus my son's GF ) so need to keep it simple as possible ideally.

Any thoughts? pros and cons, obvs pros being not having to change rooms / resorts , cons maybe managing the dining plan slightly differently on the days we would be at Universal, and not having the early entry?

thanks
Personally we've stayed Disney and just uber'd for Universal. I know lots stay at Universal for the express passes but I didn't have much issue getting on stuff although that was 3 years ago.

Advantage of Universal days is you save some credits on dining plan and can then use them to doing some signatures.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

we won't be able to afford to stay somewhere that offers the express passes, and we stayed at cabana last time and managed without them. yes, some signatures sounds good thanks

how much does an uber cost to Universal approx there and back please?

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You'll be about $15-20 each way to Universal in Uber.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I would do 10 Disney and 4 Universal if you were booking a FOLP hotel, but as you are not, might as well stay in Disney.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We have 4 nights universal then 10 nights Disney booked for October. We are getting taxi from airport to universal then uber to Disney and magical express back to airport. So exactly what you are thinking off. Other than these 2 uber rides we will probably only use them to go shopping.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

thank you

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
That's what we are doing next time - or even a 9/5 split - not made up my mind yet. Universal is so worth spending more time at - the rides are incredible and on a different level, so worth a 4 or 5 day visit.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I still can't decide!
I've worked out prices for both for everything and it works out including estimates for food at universal, ubers etc that its just about £600 difference to stay at Disney for 14 nights at the Yacht Club rather than 4 nights at surfside universal and 10 nights at Yacht! ( GF not coming now )

It would be less hassle staying at disney the whole time and having magical express both ways wouldn't it and not swapping hotels, and just get Ubers to Universal.

Only thing we would miss out on is the early entry.

I'll chat to my boys and see what they prefer to do

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Old 14 Jun 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
I still can't decide!
I've worked out prices for both for everything and it works out including estimates for food at universal, ubers etc that its just about £600 difference to stay at Disney for 14 nights at the Yacht Club rather than 4 nights at surfside universal and 10 nights at Yacht! ( GF not coming now )

It would be less hassle staying at disney the whole time and having magical express both ways wouldn't it and not swapping hotels, and just get Ubers to Universal.

Only thing we would miss out on is the early entry.

I'll chat to my boys and see what they prefer to do
Which way does the £600 difference go? Cheaper to do 10 + 4 or 14?

I don't think MDE is a big deal, actually I have never used it, I would rather get a taxi. But in any case if you stay at Universal, you miss one way of MDE but you won't need to be getting taxis between Universal and Disney either. Early entry at Universal is ok, but it is not the main advantage of onsite, it is the express pass that is the benefit.

So I would stick with my earlier comment, I would only stay onsite at Universal if you were in the express pass hotel. In this situation, I would stick with 14 nights at Yacht Club.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List