Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Help with Disney Hotels for a First Timer

Looking for some guidance please as although we have been to the Disney parks before we have never stayed onsite.

So we are only looking to stay one night end of June/beginning of July and our group is 5 adults so looking for either 2 rooms or one suite with at least one separate bedroom.

I've come up with the All Star Music as 2 rooms at £221 for 1 night, Coronado Springs Resort with 2 rooms at £304 per night or to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) but that gives 1 bedroom suite at £397 per night.

Any recommendations on any of these please?

Now for my questions!

So if we stay at one of these, I believe parking is included? Is that for both days. As thinking of doing Animal Kingdom first day, then next morning spend at resort then leave car parked there and use Disney transport to Disney Springs. Then return to car park when finished at Disney Springs. Is that possible? How long would the journey be to Disney Springs?

On a side note, do you pay parking at Disney Springs?

Also can we check in really early on first day like at Universal, leave bags and be at the park for opening? Can I get my tickets changed at the hotel or is that just at the park entrance?

Would it be better to stay on a day with EMH or to go on a day that is most recommended on the busy day guide?

We've already bought our tickets direct with Disney. Can we book the hotel though any agent and link the booking with our tickets to do fastpasses?

Sorry for rambling and so many questions! But thanks for any help available.
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I can’t help on which hotel to go for, but you will get free parking on both days (at least until the end of this year if booking through a UK agent). You won’t need to exchange tickets as you will get magic bands as onsite guests which you can then use for the rest of your holiday. You will be able to collect these early on your check in day, and should be able to leave bags with bell services.

I would aim to make use of the EMH, but possibly move to another park when it gets busier later in the day
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I would aim to make use of the EMH, but possibly move to another park when it gets busier later in the day
Thanks for your help. This was my query with EMH. We only have a day ticket and no hopping so wouldn't be able to go to another park which is why I wondered which would be best, either EMH or go on a most recommended day from the guide.
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
Thanks for your help. This was my query with EMH. We only have a day ticket and no hopping so wouldn't be able to go to another park which is why I wondered which would be best, either EMH or go on a most recommended day from the guide.
Ah, I see so you just have one day at AK? My experience (from a year ago, but I think it is still similar), is that the park outside of Pandora was empty during EMH, so you could get a lot done in that hour. The park did get very busy by late morning, but it seemed a very busy day generally. Are you wanting to do FOP?

Also I missed the question in your original post, but Disney Springs does have free parking. And you should be fine to link the booking on MDE whoever you book with
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you again Eccle. Yes we would want to do FOP which is another reason for booking a hotel to try and get a fastpass for it although I think, even with the 60 day window, it will be tough to get.

Now if anyone has any recommendations on hotels that would be great. Also found Art of Animation with a Lion King Suite for £289, says it would sleep 5 adults. Are these prices about right?
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
I would definitely make use of the EMH Sarah.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
I would definitely make use of the EMH Sarah.
Thanks Kim, that's what I'm thinking but does it make the rest of the day at the park busy, as when there's EMH the day is always least recommended on the busy day guide! Think I may be overthinking this

Have you stayed onsite before? If so where?
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

We stayed at Pop Century the first time and POR the second time. Yes I see what you mean about the rest of the day getting busy, we could hop to another park but that won't be an option. You can get quite a bit done with EMH but you don't really want the rest of the day rammed... not much help here am I? lol!
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List