Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jun 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We used a Porter from the second bag drop to DME last time out, he took us through some access routes and was a lovely chap.

After a long flight and with tired kids it was well worth the $10 to have a bit of help with all the cases and trunkis etc
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
If using a porter check on price beforehand, one year when I went to give him the money he said it wasn’t enough and asked for more 😳

From memory I gave him $15-20 and gave him $5 more (couldn’t give anymore even if I wanted to as that was the last cash I had), it was only 4 cases as we stil had our hand luggage each (youngest was in a push chair).

Edited at 08:01 AM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Alba20
Apprentice Imagineer

Our kids are older now but I remember taking our full luggage allowance (some empty to bring back goodies), car seats and prams etc. when this was the case we used to get a porter as it was much easier.

Have a great trip.

Alba
2018 Dubai, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, B2B Disney Cruise
2019 California Tour & Disneyland, DCL Med Cruise, Dubai, New York
Alba20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I use the trip between car and checkin to work out how we will manage our luggage, nobody is watching and nobody is behind you.
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
If using a porter check on price beforehand, one year when I went to give him the money he said it wasn’t enough and asked for more 😳

From memory I gave him $15-20 and gave him $5 more (couldn’t give anymore even if I wanted to as that was the last cash I had), it was only 4 cases as we stil had our hand luggage each (youngest was in a push chair).
That sounds like he was taking the mick!

Normally its $2-3 for first case/piece of luggage and then $1-2 for each extra item.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by pinkspideruk View Post
That sounds like he was taking the mick!

Normally its $2-3 for first case/piece of luggage and then $1-2 for each extra item.
Yeah, it was our first trip so didn’t know tbh, but haven’t made the same mistake since
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again not judging , just trying to help from experience of 14 trips and having various other families with us and over that time different ages. Our overall experiences have been that people take to much especially if you have laundry facilities , while your having some down time by the pool the washing is done.enjoy the planning.
I have to say there is not a cat in hells chance that I want to do any washing when I'm on holiday!
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again not judging , just trying to help from experience of 14 trips and having various other families with us and over that time different ages. Our overall experiences have been that people take to much especially if you have laundry facilities , while your having some down time by the pool the washing is done.enjoy the planning.
Keep trying to help. There will be somebody out there that isn't taking offence and that is seeing this as the useful information it was intended to be. I think the nature of politics in this country has made people far more defensive of their opinions than they used to be.

There is not a cat in hells chance I would pay somebody to wheel bags when I am quite capable, but I couldn't care less if somebody wants to, and they don't need to justify why, but I'm sure some would.
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I have to say there is not a cat in hells chance that I want to do any washing when I'm on holiday!
I’m the opposite ! Can’t bear to have dirty laundry hanging around for days. Washing means I taker fewer clothes, I like to travel light. Also do a wash the last day so my case coming home is full of clean clothes.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wreckitralph15 View Post
Like I say we are a family of 6 and staying for 6 weeks.

I'm taking the my FULL baggage allowance! Granted these will be almost empty on the way in but coming home I suspect they will be full.

I'm most definitely taking the car seats and strollers. Why would I leave them at home when they will be needed everyday.

As for too much luggage? Ill be the judge of that. My post was purely to find the cost of a trolley-Not to be judged!
They were just offering a suggestion to try and help with the question you asked. No need for the attitude.

Edited at 02:52 PM.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List