Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jul 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Hi storm, not sure if you’ve had any joy with changing your order, but it looks like the castle one is back on the website if you can change it.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
Hi storm, not sure if you’ve had any joy with changing your order, but it looks like the castle one is back on the website if you can change it.
Thanks for the Heads up Howerd. I couldn't change the original order however because I am doing a split stay I managed to alter the bands for the second part and nabbed the castle one :-) I am going to try and see if I can have it brought forward to the first booking.
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Thanks for the Heads up Howerd. I couldn't change the original order however because I am doing a split stay I managed to alter the bands for the second part and nabbed the castle one :-) I am going to try and see if I can have it brought forward to the first booking.
That’s great, Why don’t you get it delivered to your first hotel? I know you can have them shipped to a non Disney hotel prior to arrival, so no reason you can’t do this to your first Disney hotel?

From the FAQ’s on Disney’s site.

Unfortunately, MagicBand orders cannot be shipped to all countries. When you customize your MagicBand, you’ll be asked to provide a shipping address. If, during this process, you discover that we do not ship to your country—but you plan on staying at a Disney Resort hotel—your MagicBand will automatically be waiting for you at the Front Desk when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel. Likewise you can also arrange to have your MagicBand sent to a non-Disney Resort hotel with a valid shipping address prior to the start of your vacation
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
What a drama for MB
I’ve never used FT shopper what sort of stuff have you been ordering?
Old 4 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What a drama for MB
I’ve never used FT shopper what sort of stuff have you been ordering?
For me 2 x hand luggage suitcases, one from ebay one from american tourister in the sale as they are different to the samsonite choices in the UK.

some other bits from ebay where they won't ship to uk. I love shopping on ebay usa so usually end up with a few things from there.

some VS from the sale she picked up for me

will be ordering a panini maker thing from amazon when hubby gets back and probably a childs car seat (maybe 2 depending on if we can be bothered carrying them or not) she did a pick up from walmart for us last time.

previously had pushchairs and all sorts!
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

We were at Disney 23rd May, they released the new upgraded magic bands before we went and as we had a split stay I was able to change our declined order. However as everyone else has experienced the one I wanted and the one my husband wanted disappeared whilst we were waiting for the boys to decide what they were having, so we had plain ones.
When I got to the resort I explained how ridiculous it was that we had to do all four at the same time and it didn’t even give us the option to decline the ones for my husband and myself as we didn’t want anymore plain bands we have way too many.
We were told they would pass this information on and for the inconvenience they would credit our account so we could buy the bands if we found them anywhere. Needless to say, couldn’t find the bands we wanted anywhere but the money came in handy👏
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
That’s great, Why don’t you get it delivered to your first hotel? I know you can have them shipped to a non Disney hotel prior to arrival, so no reason you can’t do this to your first Disney hotel?

From the FAQ’s on Disney’s site.

Unfortunately, MagicBand orders cannot be shipped to all countries. When you customize your MagicBand, you’ll be asked to provide a shipping address. If, during this process, you discover that we do not ship to your country—but you plan on staying at a Disney Resort hotel—your MagicBand will automatically be waiting for you at the Front Desk when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel. Likewise you can also arrange to have your MagicBand sent to a non-Disney Resort hotel with a valid shipping address prior to the start of your vacation
They have said they can't deliver them to a different resort however they get to the resort about 2 weeks prior so if we are passing beach club we can go and pick them up. I think we are at Epcot 2nd day so will walk over
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Just a quick update from our side, on the saga that is magic bands. We have just had our second call from Disney following our email a couple of weeks ago. First time they couldn’t help, but this latest call was to see how we were getting on. We said we still hadn’t had any joy, she apologised and said they’ve been having real issues, then confirmed she will add $90 credit to our room so we can buy them there.

Very happy with that as it give us more choice and flexibility. We will keep trying online but kind of resigned to it not working.
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I had a bit of an update before sorry forgot to post it. The call was escalated aparantly and I had another phone call - I was telling the lady what had happened and that the girl who was supposed to ring me the night previous hadn't bothered.I mentioned that I had seen on other posts people had got their normal coloured bands opened up again to enable them to choose something so why couldn't they have done that for me. she went away again to speak to someone and came back and thats what they've done.

So

SSR 1st Order we had - captain america, scorcerer Mickey and donal duck

castle band didn't go though so yellow one was ordered. This has been opened up again to choose something else.

Beach Club - 2nd Order - chose Castle band to get it through rest other 3 were coloured

These were opened up to choose something else
so chose the rainbow mickey which was my sons first choice and confirmed the rest

So at this point me and the boys have our first choices and I still have one band left I can order if DH doesn't like the one picked for him when he gets back

So alls good with us now. It goes to prove you shouldn't let it drop because they have a very easy way to sort it they've just been deciding not to and have not been reopening the bands that didn't go through in recent times unless pushed to I had to ask for it twice before it happened.