Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Jul 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
Thanks for all the updates on this it is nice to see it starting, although disappointing about the lack of sleeper/murphy bed for the Studio and 1 beds.
I would have really loved to see that sleeper/ murphhy bed to give an extra bed space just to give us more options. It would seen daft not to put it in if there was room as it opens up the rooms to more people
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I would have really loved to see that sleeper/ murphhy bed to give an extra bed space just to give us more options. It would seen daft not to put it in if there was room as it opens up the rooms to more people
I agree, certainly for the 1 beds, it seems strange to have some studios that sleep 5, yet a 1 bed can only sleep 4 (slightly biased as that is what we go in).
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Live update

Here are some pictures , sorry for the late update , flight over was a nightmare

The blocks from Disney springs to the block just before the quiet pool are all empty

Windows are all covered up and the top end of the car park is a construction site

Edited at 12:58 AM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ali. Not good about the flight and the delay waiting for the ground staff. But you are there now and I hope you all have a great time.

Thank you for the update and pictures.

Some thoughts leaping out from me:-
  • The orange canopies aren't off. Wonder why? I know they replaced them maybe 5 years ago but they are full of holes.
  • Lot of machinery, lot of work. Not well barriered off. Wouldn't be allowed in the UK
  • Exterior painting being done but patio doors not out. Strange as they all need replacing/repairing. Going to damage the new work
  • No sign of any of the concrete pathways being repaired. Loads of 'slabs' have lifted due to tree roots. They should have been disced out first off. messy job, will cause the new paintwork to be filthy.

However it's well under way and will be nice. Looks to me like the Contractor is in the learning curve phase and things will speed up come Sept/Oct as they really get in the swing.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 06:22 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks for the update Ali. Clearly they are concentrating on the outside before they start the strip out. When you say blocks are empty, they are doing multiple blocks at once? Must be taking a lot of rooms out of service if that's the case, bound to impact cash booking availability.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I wonder what order they are going to do the sections in?
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I wonder what order they are going to do the sections in?
Mmm. Logic dictates the Paddocks next, then swathe into the Carousel. Back into the Springs and end up with the Grandstand.

The Springs will cause some angst as that is so popular with Americans

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks for the update Ali. Clearly they are concentrating on the outside before they start the strip out. When you say blocks are empty, they are doing multiple blocks at once? Must be taking a lot of rooms out of service if that's the case, bound to impact cash booking availability.
YT. All the pictures from Ali are Block 1. Block 2 is blue in colour so I know it's not in the pictures.

Ali. Have they started Block 2 yet?

Old 13 Jul 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. All the pictures from Ali are Block 1. Block 2 is blue in colour so I know it's not in the pictures.

Ali. Have they started Block 2 yet?
No just the first block MRT

The car park end is blocked of , end looking on to disney Springs isn’t so you can actually see quite good what they are doing

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

Sorry didn’t phase right when I said blocks , tired ! It’s the one section , but will look again and report back

Inside are defiantly getting stripped as the lorries are constantly in and out full of stuff and the rooms look like if they are not stripped already nearly stripped

We are in the block by the bus stop