Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Jan 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile Magic bands, collecting and linking

I have booked a few nights at Disney when we are away and we get magic bands for free. Am I right in thinking that these don't get sent to You? You have to collect them from disney springs?
If that is the case, are the magic band numbers already on your account so that you can link tickets and do fast passes etc?

Sorry if that's a silly question- we've been 4 times before but never had magic bands or booked fast passes so it's all very new!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I usually collect mine at the check in desk at hotel when I arrive and they are already linked through My Disney app x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You need to link your Disney resort stay to MDE, and this will add your magic bands to the account. They will then be automatically linked to tickets on the account, and any fastpasses that you book. You'll get given them when you check in to your hotel - no need to collect them from Disney Springs.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahhh I see. I'll have a look at my account - thank You!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for posting, I was wondering the same.

But we have an additional query in that there are 2 additional tickets on my MDE for people not staying on site so they wouldn't have magic bands.
How would I go about collecting their tickets other than at the park entrance?
Can these be collected at Disney Springs early in the holiday then ours on our magic bands collected at hotel check in?
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I have booked a few nights at Disney when we are away and we get magic bands for free. Am I right in thinking that these don't get sent to You? You have to collect them from disney springs?
If that is the case, are the magic band numbers already on your account so that you can link tickets and do fast passes etc?

Sorry if that's a silly question- we've been 4 times before but never had magic bands or booked fast passes so it's all very new!
If you are staying onsite at a Disney hotel, then you will collect the onsite MagicBands from the hotel's reception when you check in. You don't need to go to Disney Springs.

If you've bought some tickets with the free limited-edition Toy Story Land MagicBands included, then you have to collect these (and only these) from Disney Springs. However, those Toy Story Land bands are in addition to the free ones you get when staying onsite at a Disney hotel.

If you bought tickets with your Disney hotel stay as a package then the tickets should appear in your MDE account once you've linked your package. If you bought the tickets separately then you should've been sent a confirmation email with a number you can link. All you need to book fastpasses is tickets linked to your account. You do not need MagicBands to book fastpasses.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
Thanks for posting, I was wondering the same.

But we have an additional query in that there are 2 additional tickets on my MDE for people not staying on site so they wouldn't have magic bands.
How would I go about collecting their tickets other than at the park entrance?
Can these be collected at Disney Springs early in the holiday then ours on our magic bands collected at hotel check in?
To collect tickets, you need to visit any one of the ticket desks either outside the parks or, I believe, at Guest Services at Disney Springs. To collect the tickets you will need to bring ID. Ticket collection can be done at any time during the holiday, albeit before you want to enter a theme park.

Onsite MagicBands are collected at check-in from your hotel. I believe you can only get these at check-in and not before.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List