Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Friday is fine. I only ever go to London during the week. I can see why loads of places around there would be closed at the weekends. It seems that no one that works in London can feed themselves. These places are packed at lunch times. I guess half their wages goes on food and the other half on travel costs
That’s why we only go about 3 times a year!
Old 24 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
We are going on a Friday, we can always get on a train to go somewhere else x
That sounds like a plan as Friday as SMAX says the places round there will be rammed. I work about 10 minutes away from here up towards Liverpool Street and always pity the tourists at lunchtime due to the sudden deluge of office workers.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Tank and paddle is good, cocktails are good in the sky garden but watch what they charge you, last time they tried to add service even though I went up to the bar myself. There’s also a Nando’s over the road

Edited at 04:24 PM.
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
There’s loads of street food trucks and stalls along the South Bank, past Blackfriars Bridge. You could take boat (clipper) to other places on the river.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I went to Borough market last year I must of missed the cakes, I wasn't impressed much, we had a nice sausage roll, a not so nice samosa, steak and chips for £10 each. The steak was small but very nice and mostly lettuce and a few chips, I came away feeling poor but not like I’d eaten anything. It was like a buffet at a party where you need a McDonald’s on the way home!
I've not been to the market for a couple of years it used to be very good there, shame if gone downhill.
Old 24 Jun 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How about a canal boat trip from Camden Market to Little Venice?

There are also usually food stalls along the southbank - but maybe more at the weekends?

There are also lots of food stalls down the stairs by the south bank - but again this might just be at the weekends.

We really like eating at
Dishoom - curry - especially at Kings Cross location (there are several other locations in and around Covent Garden/Oxford St)
the Big Easy at Canary Wharf - but they also have locations in Covent Garden.

Enjoy x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

One of my offices is in the same building as Sky Garden so we are fortunate to have a private lift up to it and love going up. It is excellent, better views than London Eye. The cheaper Bistro is the best place to eat up there for anyone booking a restaurant.
I'm a BBQ fan and Bodeans is nearby opposite Tower of London.
As above South Bank over the bridge, and many chains around.

Edited at 05:35 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Cheers YorkshireT Bodeans is right up my street so we will probably go there!
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

You could always hop on a tube and head to shoreditch and brick lane? Lots of yummy stuff that way, (of course curry in brick lane) and junkyard mini golf too!
I’ve only had a monster bacon sandwich at borough market, but a couple of colleague rave about it (I think it’s near London Bridge)
Or if you tube to Leicester Square, there’s all the chains you could want, or Chinese in china town?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cheers YorkshireT Bodeans is right up my street so we will probably go there!
I’d book it if you are going , that one is really popular . Punk dog brewery is close by as well
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List