Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Aug 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Cedar Cove AMI

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has stayed at Cedar Cove Resort in AMI? We've never been to AMI before but fancy a few nights in 2022. I like how close this place is to what looks like a lovely beach but I'm pretty clueless about location and if its in a good spot on the island. Ideally we would be hoping to avoid driving so hoping nice places to eat wouldn't be far. Happy to get the wee trolley that I think operates all day?

If anyone has been, thoughts, experiences and any photos super welcome
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mummykj
Trying for More Ears

Haven’t stayed at Cedar Cove but have stayed at AMI a couple of times, we used the Island Time Inn which was perfect and had a great view of the sunset over the beach. Bradenton was the nearest beach to us and there are a few beaches on AMI , all beautiful. I’ve heard AMI is much busier now, not such a well kept secret 😄 but if you want a change of pace from Orlando, it’s lovely.

Oops, forgot to say the food is amazing, lots of places to eat and the trolley bus thing is ace!
Champions Gate Oct 2022

Edited at 08:48 PM.
mummykj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed there back in 2013. We liked the location but admittedly it was our first visit so had nothing to compare to! It is right on the beach though which meant we didn’t stray far during the day. The trolley stop was right opposite so was very handy. The rooms themselves were a little basic and dated but perfectly adequate for a nice few days of chilling out
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed there on our first trip to AMI. Great beach access and handy for the free trolley service. We had the smallest room in the place as we did a walk in and that was all that was left but the others looked good. An ok spot
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
steandtrish
Imagineer

steandtrish's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16
HI we stayed there in 2019 and it was our 4th stay on the island- all the other times we have done a full week so have been in a villa and we close this place as we would do less than a week. personally next time we will go back to the north end near Bean point and by the 2 piers- beach is much better up there and great restaurants. There are condos that way too but mostly villas. It is a beautiful place however and no matter which part you choose you won't be disappointed. Cedar cove was a little basic and the air con in our unit was very noisy but it is right on the beach and close to trolley stop. Hope that helps, any other questions just ask away!
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has stayed at Cedar Cove Resort in AMI? We've never been to AMI before but fancy a few nights in 2022. I like how close this place is to what looks like a lovely beach but I'm pretty clueless about location and if its in a good spot on the island. Ideally we would be hoping to avoid driving so hoping nice places to eat wouldn't be far. Happy to get the wee trolley that I think operates all day?
If anyone has been, thoughts, experiences and any photos super welcome
We've not stayed at Cedar Cove but AMI is our favourite place for a non Disney holiday - we'll be there; if borders allow, end of Dec 21 to January 2022 and have booked a fabulous place which is right on the beach, It's a one bedroomed apartment and sleeps 4. Also booked for 2022 Christmas at a different place which is a whole townhouse, just 200 steps (one and a half blocks and no roads to cross) from the beach. It's cute and pretty well placed for everything. Sleeps 4, has 2 bedrooms.
PM me if you want links to check them out.
This is our booking for this year..

And this is the place we've booked for 2022/2023

Edited at 09:26 PM. Reason: changed incorrect guest count for Town House
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mummykj View Post
Haven’t stayed at Cedar Cove but have stayed at AMI a couple of times, we used the Island Time Inn which was perfect and had a great view of the sunset over the beach. Bradenton was the nearest beach to us and there are a few beaches on AMI , all beautiful. I’ve heard AMI is much busier now, not such a well kept secret 😄 but if you want a change of pace from Orlando, it’s lovely.

Oops, forgot to say the food is amazing, lots of places to eat and the trolley bus thing is ace!

Thanks so much for this, I'll have a look at ITI, would love sunset views!

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
We’ve stayed there back in 2013. We liked the location but admittedly it was our first visit so had nothing to compare to! It is right on the beach though which meant we didn’t stray far during the day. The trolley stop was right opposite so was very handy. The rooms themselves were a little basic and dated but perfectly adequate for a nice few days of chilling out
Thank you so much, handy knowing about the trolley stop!

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We stayed there on our first trip to AMI. Great beach access and handy for the free trolley service. We had the smallest room in the place as we did a walk in and that was all that was left but the others looked good. An ok spot
Thank you so much! I'd be hoping to book early enough to be able to choose a room. It really being on the beach thats important for us.

Originally Posted by steandtrish View Post
HI we stayed there in 2019 and it was our 4th stay on the island- all the other times we have done a full week so have been in a villa and we close this place as we would do less than a week. personally next time we will go back to the north end near Bean point and by the 2 piers- beach is much better up there and great restaurants. There are condos that way too but mostly villas. It is a beautiful place however and no matter which part you choose you won't be disappointed. Cedar cove was a little basic and the air con in our unit was very noisy but it is right on the beach and close to trolley stop. Hope that helps, any other questions just ask away!
I love the idea of being pretty close to eating places and the beach, my ideal would be not needing the car at all for a few days. Anywhere you've stayed thats been your favourite?

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
We've not stayed at Cedar Cove but AMI is our favourite place for a non Disney holiday - we'll be there; if borders allow, end of Dec 21 to January 2022 and have booked a fabulous place which is right on the beach, It's a one bedroomed apartment and sleeps 4. Also booked for 2022 Christmas at a different place which is a whole townhouse, just 200 steps (one and a half blocks and no roads to cross) from the beach. It's cute and pretty well placed for everything. Sleeps 4, has 2 bedrooms.

OMG those look amazing, I'm going to drop you a PM now. Much appreciated
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post

We have stayed in that townhouse you have booked, I think it was on 52nd Street? It was fab, right by the beach and just round the corner from Hurricane Hanks 😉🍹🍹
su708 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by su708 View Post
We have stayed in that townhouse you have booked, I think it was on 52nd Street? It was fab, right by the beach and just round the corner from Hurricane Hanks 😉🍹🍹
Oh WoW! that's great to hear su708, Yes, it's on 52nd; we're really looking forward to staying there - I think it might become our new go-to place to stay
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List