Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Aug 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney is offering to switch dates on my tickets at 2019 price.

Just got the email copied below for all to see - it's very long but well worth the read
Important Information regarding your Walt Disney World Resort Ticket Booking
Disney Holidays <disneyholidays@disney.co.uk>
Thu 05/08/2021 17:52
To:
disneyholidays@disney.co.uk <disneyholidays@disney.co.uk>
Dear Guest,
On Friday, June 12, 2020 we wrote to you in regards to the reopening of Walt Disney World Resort and the introduction of the new Theme Park Reservation on System. Within this email, we confirmed that your existing Theme Park tickets had been automatically extended for use up to any arrival date before September 30, 2021.

We appreciate that due to uncertainties surrounding current travel restrictions that Guests may wish to make changes to their current booking.
Ourselves, Walt Disney Travel Company International wish to assure you that if you were not able to travel to the Walt Disney World Resort and use your ticket due to travel restrictions, we have several options available to you in regards to your current ticket booking with us. Upon review of the options below, we kindly ask that you inform us of your decision with respect to your booking within 14 days of receiving this email.

What are my options if I have a 7-day or 14-day Ultimate Theme Park Ticket?
Keep my arrival dates and ticket order as booked:
Should you still wish to travel to Walt Disney World Resort prior to the existing Theme Park Ticket extension date of September 30th, 2021 and wish to keep your ticket order as booked please kindly confirm by responding to this email. Please ensure you include the below information within your response:
Your (the Lead Guest on the booking) full name.
Your Walt Disney Travel Company International Booking Reference (8 digits).
Move my travel dates:
We understand that Guests may wish to alter their travel plans to a date after September 30, 2021 to a new arrival date until December 31, 2022. We would be pleased to rebook your ticket to a new arrival date of your choice by cancelling your current ticket booking and moving your funds to a new ticket booking. We will also honour the price paid for your current ticket booking! Should you wish to select this option please kindly respond to this email and ensure to include the below information:
Your newly selected arrival date within 2021 or 2022.
Once we have received your request, we will rebook your ticket booking and move the existing funds to a new ticket booking for you. Please allow 14 working days for your request to be completed after which you will receive an updated invoice to the email we have on file for your current booking.
Please note, we will be unable to add additional tickets to your new booking. The amount of Guests travelling must not exceed your original party size. Should you wish to remove a ticket please kindly confirm the amount of tickets required within your email. When we rebook your ticket booking, the ticket no longer required will be refunded in full to the original form of payment used at the time of booking. Should we be unable to process the refund or if your card has expired, we will contact you to arrange the refund.
Cancel my ticket order and receive a full refund:
We appreciate that some Guests may not have an immediate idea of when they’d like to travel to Walt Disney World Resort and as such, we would be pleased to process a free of charge cancellation and offer you a full refund of moneys paid for your ticket booking. Should you wish to cancel your ticket booking, please kindly confirm by responding to this email and include the below information:
From the date that we have received your cancellation request, please allow 14 days for your cancellation and full refund to be processed in our system. Once the cancellation has been processed, you will receive an updated invoice to the email address on file to confirm its completion. Please note, we are obligated to refund to the original form of payment used at the time of booking. We will be unable to process refunds to an alternate card. Should we be unable to process a refund or if your card has expired, we will contact you to arrange a full refund.
I have 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets. What are my options?
Rebook my 21-day Ultimate Theme Park ticket booking to a 14-day Ultimate Theme Park ticket booking:
If you have 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets, you may be wondering what options are available to you. While we are unable to offer Guests 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets at this time, we are pleased to confirm that should you wish to travel beyond the date of September 30, 2021 we are able to rebook your ticket order to a 14-day Ultimate ticket and
honour the cost of a 14-day ticket at the time you originally created your booking. Should you wish to select this option please kindly respond to this email and ensure to include the below information:
Your newly selected arrival date within 2021 or 2022.
Please include that you have 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets booked
Please note, we will be unable to add additional tickets to your new booking. The amount of Guests travelling must not exceed your original party size. Should you wish to remove a ticket please kindly confirm the amount of tickets required within your email. When we rebook your ticket booking, the ticket no longer required will be refunded in full to the original form of payment used at the time of booking. Should we be unable to process the refund or if your card has expired, we will contact you to arrange the refund.
Upon receipt of your response, we will rebook your ticket order and move the existing funds to a new booking. Please allow 14 working days for your request to be completed after which you will receive an updated invoice. Any over payment as a result in the change of ticket will be refunded to the card used at the time of booking. Please allow 14 days for your request to be completed and refund to be processed.
Cancel my 21-day Ultimate Theme Park ticket booking free of charge (Important - cannot reinstate ticket type)
Alternatively, you can also cancel your 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets free of charge and receive a full refund. Please be advised that should you choose to cancel your 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets we will be unable to reinstate this purchase at a later stage as we are no longer able to facilitate this product offering. Should you wish to cancel your ticket
booking, please kindly confirm by responding to this email and include the below information:
Please include that you have 21-day Ultimate Theme Park tickets booked
Once we have received your cancellation request, please allow 14 days for your cancellation and full refund to be processed in our system. Once the cancellation has been processed, you will receive an updated invoice to the email address on file to confirm its completion. Please note, we are obligated to refund to the original form of payment used at the time of booking. We will be unable to process refunds to an alternate card. Should we be unable to process a refund or if your card has expired, we will contact you to arrange a full refund.
What’s next?
Please consider the available options carefully and kindly advise us of your decision concerning your ticket order in reply to this email ensuring it is sent from the email address we have on fi le for the booking.
IMPORTANT:
Should we not receive a response from you after 14 days of receiving this email we will assume you wish to cancel your current ticket booking and will process a cancellation and full refund to the card we have on fi le for your booking. If you have already travelled to the Walt Disney World Resort and used the tickets on your booking, please disregard this email as this only applies to ticket bookings not yet used or taken.

Sorry for all the extra spaces, but it was taking too long to remove them Hopefully removed the extra spaces now

Edited at 03:12 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Bumping this up for those who may not have seen it
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshiine
Getting to know the DIBB

That’s annoying as I paid an upgrade fee of £43 per ticket with attraction tickets. Why are ATD charging me when the upgrade to 2022 is free with Disney? I’ll call them and let you know what they say
Sunshiine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I received the same email this morning. Think it is very generous of Disney to do this as others have had to pay for transferring to next year.

Just waiting for our flights to be cancelled before deciding what to do. Our friends are flying later than us but they have dvc which I think expires early next year.
Old 6 Aug 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshiine
Getting to know the DIBB

AT told me that Disney rates have gone up for 2022 and that Disney Travel Company are a separate company who define their own terms and prices. They had to charge an upgrade fee or would have lost money on the booking.

I spoke to a very nice and helpful woman called Sammie and I believe what she was saying, but it doesn’t make sense and I’m effectively £170 out of pocket.
Sunshiine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Sunshiine View Post
That’s annoying as I paid an upgrade fee of £43 per ticket with attraction tickets. Why are ATD charging me when the upgrade to 2022 is free with Disney? I’ll call them and let you know what they say
To be fair, Disney have previously charged the difference in price between the original cost and the new cost of a 2022 ticket if you wanted to upgrade to 2022. The upgrade price was something like £30 a ticket.

This looks like a new thing, probably because it's now getting close to September and Brits can't go and use the park ticket that they bought because the border is still closed. Therefore, because we now can't use the tickets, Disney is now providing the options above.

Originally Posted by Sunshiine View Post
AT told me that Disney rates have gone up for 2022 and that Disney Travel Company are a separate company who define their own terms and prices. They had to charge an upgrade fee or would have lost money on the booking.

I spoke to a very nice and helpful woman called Sammie and I believe what she was saying, but it doesn’t make sense and I’m effectively £170 out of pocket.
It does make sense. Disney UK is a different ticket supplier to AT. Disney UK is now willing to upgrade tickets to 2022 tickets for free and will take a hit on losing out on the increased cost as a good will gesture. AT don't want to take that hit and therefore are not upgrading the tickets to 2022 ones for free but passing on the upgrade costs to the customer.

TBH, both companies didn't have to do anything. They could say "Either you keep the tickets as they are or you can cancel them and we'll send you a refund minus any cancellation fee stated in the Ts&Cs you agreed to at the time". They didn't need to offer to upgrade them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:12 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Hmm, I had contacted Disney as our tickets had been extended and they said the only option was for cancellation and that meant rebooking at the higher cost.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Hmm, I had contacted Disney as our tickets had been extended and they said the only option was for cancellation and that meant rebooking at the higher cost.
Did you actually cancel; and did you call, use online chat or email?
If you didn't email I'd be inclined to email them at the address at the top of my post and ask for the same seal as others have been given.
Good luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Did you actually cancel; and did you call, use online chat or email?
If you didn't email I'd be inclined to email them at the address at the top of my post and ask for the same seal as others have been given.
Good luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀
Thanks but I cancelled, got the refund and re bought at the higher price so I could book park days with the updated ticket. Seems to be the case with a few things - if you try and be organised and do things in time you get penalised.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Thanks but I cancelled, got the refund and re bought at the higher price so I could book park days with the updated ticket. Seems to be the case with a few things - if you try and be organised and do things in time you get penalised.
Ahhh sorry, that was unfortunate timing for you But even though lighter in your pocket, it must feel good to have gotten some plans in place
I hate that new system of having to book park days... really hope it get's binned eventually.