Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I just got my email from BA that’s my sept 20th flight cancelled knew it was coming sad times but I have two other trips booked one for nov and the other next May hopefully get on them, now off to cancel my universal hotel and tomorrow will call BA to get my deposit back and call ATD about my Disney ticket refund

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Mine is 23rd Sep
I just want the email and be put out of my misery !
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Just wanted to "drop" some words of encouragement to those either just cancelling or getting "cancelled". once you get over the "shock" it does sort of become relief, you are no longer fixated on every tiny scrap of news in the hope that it's going to be good.You then start planning for the next one Attempt 4 for us
SD
Yes, I'm in a foul mood today but we already have a UK hol booked 'just in case' which I know we'll enjoy (it's not 3 weeks in Florida though ) and we have 2 cruises lined up for next year - when I get around to talking to VA and VHols I'll more or less add this trip onto one of them for next September. ATD have changed our WDW tx for next year, and I've already cancelled 2 hotels that were pay on arrival.
Let's hope we're still ok to get into France for DLP before Xmas!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 08:15 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Got our confirmation email today from Charter Travel who I can only praise to be honest throughout our whole booking and this sad cancellation. I've heard lots of negative about them but I can't fault them. The minute VA cancelled they emailed us, then the accounts dept emailed me today and the refund will be in out account In the next 7-14 days x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bilsy
I want to go now!

We got our refund from VA today just about 8 days after they cancelled on us. Just paid our balance to wdw for May 2022 with the refund. Does anyone have any idea when the travel ban might actually be lifted? (I hope before May 2022) 🙄
Bilsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We're still waiting for cancellation from TUI and we're supposed to be flying three weeks today!

It specifically says on their website that they won't fly us to countries that have closed their borders to UK travellers but I am still getting anxious.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

I just read this
The United States will keep its land borders with Canada and Mexico closed to non-essential travel until September 21, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced Friday..
No mention about the UK. Def wont be before they reopen to Canada .
Old 22 Aug 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scorpio34
Gone all Goofy

We’re also 11 September with TUI from Glasgow can’t believe they’ve not cancelled yet. Prices for next September thru the roof need the extra 20% to bring price down before rebooking
scorpio34 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

TUI dragging their heels over this cancellation has really got me thinking about rebooking with them.

We are debating moving this trip to May and (without discount) VH are coming out cheaper. The discount will perhaps change things but right now I am not feeling much goodwill towards TUI.

I did notice that on Friday the website changed again to show Florida cancelled up to 7th Sept (on Wed it said 4th) so hopefully not much longer for us to wait.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

I was due to fly with TUI on 16th September…my balance was due last Thursday (booked last May when balance due was 4 weeks before departure). I went into my booking on Thursday and there was a message to say some or all of my holiday has been changed and can’t go ahead and I can either rebook or cancel. I’ve cancelled…a slight relief of not having to pay the balance! This was the same for my friend who was due to fly on 14th September (hers was paid up). But it’s odd that Florida is cancelled up to the 4th September on their website yet we’ve been able to cancel ours.
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List