Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
ATD - we've got two refunds in with them. 7th and 9th September 2021.

I will be furious if they stiff us on this 'COVID Guarantee'.

Stinks of sharp practice. One thing is for sure - we won't EVER use them again. They failed quite a few people on the Magic cruises and now this.
Why would they "stiff" you?

As per their free guarantee, if any of the following apply then you'll be covered:
  • Your chosen theme park/tourist attraction is closed on your activity date due to COVID-19
  • The FCO advises against travel to a destination for the duration of your holiday dates as a result of COVID-19
  • The destination country border is closed to travel for the duration of your holiday dates

That's what the free COVID guarantee covers. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't cover you if you test positive before flying or if you are ill with COVID. It doesn't cover if your flight is cancelled but the border is open.

Currently, for Florida tickets, the only one that applies is the last one - because the US border is currently closed. As long as the border remains closed for the duration of your holiday then you're covered and they'll refund you. As per the terms of the free COVID cover.

If the borders reopen at the beginning of September then this free COVID cover won't apply and instead the standard Ts&Cs will apply (just like everywhere else).

If you wanted more cover then they did provide a Flex-Plus cover that provided 100% refund for any cancellation reason for only £5 per ticket. They seem to like to promote that so it's difficult to miss.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:10 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Why would they "stiff" you?

As per their free guarantee, if any of the following apply then you'll be covered:
  • Your chosen theme park/tourist attraction is closed on your activity date due to COVID-19
  • The FCO advises against travel to a destination for the duration of your holiday dates as a result of COVID-19
  • The destination country border is closed to travel for the duration of your holiday dates

That's what the free COVID guarantee covers. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't cover you if you test positive before flying or if you are ill with COVID. It doesn't cover if your flight is cancelled but the border is open.

Currently, for Florida tickets, the only one that applies is the last one - because the US border is currently closed. As long as the border remains closed for the duration of your holiday then you're covered and they'll refund you. As per the terms of the free COVID cover.

If the borders reopen at the beginning of September then this free COVID cover won't apply and instead the standard Ts&Cs will apply (just like everywhere else).

If you wanted more cover then they did provide a Flex-Plus cover that provided 100% refund for any cancellation reason for only £5 per ticket. They seem to like to promote that so it's difficult to miss.
'Free' guarantee. I was unable to use my DVC or AP discount on the tickets so I'm in effect paying for the guarantee.

This is what is presented when the cover is highlighted -

'Full ticket refund within 10 Days if your holiday is disrupted by attraction or border closures'

My holiday was disrupted by the flight being cancelled due to the border not being open. By sliding in extra conditions and dates to a cancellation guarantee is sharp practice. A business lives and dies on it's reputation when things go wrong.

The Flex-Plus is not an option on event tickets, both were event tickets.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
'Free' guarantee. I was unable to use my DVC or AP discount on the tickets so I'm in effect paying for the guarantee.

This is what is presented when the cover is highlighted -

'Full ticket refund within 10 Days if your holiday is disrupted by attraction or border closures'
As it says - full refund due to attraction or border closures.

It makes it even clearer when you click on what the COVID cover provides.

And if you get a DVC or AP discount why didn't you buy direct from Disney?

By sliding in extra conditions and dates to a cancellation guarantee is sharp practice.
No one is "sliding in extra conditions". The conditions are the same as they were when you booked - they have been the same since March. There are no conditional dates (see my previous posts).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As it says - full refund due to attraction or border closures.

It makes it even clearer when you click on what the COVID cover provides.

And if you get a DVC or AP discount why didn't you buy direct from Disney?

No one is "sliding in extra conditions". The conditions are the same as they were when you booked - they have been the same since March. There are no conditional dates (see my previous posts).
A few posts back you were quoting from the T&C's where the disruption element was being discounted. The disruption element is in the advertising but missing from the detailed T&C's - sharp practice.

I didn't book with Disney as there is no refund policy - this I paid more for these which included 'free covid cover', which now appears to be less than it was marketed as.

As I have said, I have a list of trusted companies - this one will not be joining that list.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

ATD are refunding our Boo Bash tickets. Did ask today if they could just keep the money 'til the Christmas after hours comes up and we'd pay the difference, but they don't have them yet (and don't know when they will), do they're just refunding.
Not going to get the Christmas ones from Disney, as they aren't refundable direct.
Will wait 'til they appear on ATD website.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

A few posts back you were quoting from the T&C's where the disruption element was being discounted. The disruption element is in the advertising but missing from the detailed T&C's - sharp practice.

I didn't book with Disney as there is no refund policy - this I paid more for these which included 'free covid cover', which now appears to be less than it was marketed as.

As I have said, I have a list of trusted companies - this one will not be joining that list.
Received my refund for both sets of tickets.

No contact from ATD at all, no receipt of delivery, no confirmation of refund, nothing.

I only noticed the refund into my account.
Old 24 Aug 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Received my refund for both sets of tickets.

No contact from ATD at all, no receipt of delivery, no confirmation of refund, nothing.

I only noticed the refund into my account.
Other than the lack of communication (which is not uncommon: I don't think Disney contacted us to say they'd paid our refund and I know Virgin definitely didn't), it looks like all's well that ends well and you successfully got your refund!

Considering some places don't offer a full refund on tickets and would charge a cancellation fee if you needed to cancel, then I'd say that was a good result even if things were a bit confusing for a while.

Of course, if you hadn't read this thread and the response EmmaBolan posted, you would've been blissfully unaware and would've been happy when you received your refund as promised.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~